Syrud's Character Bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Syrud, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Syrud

Syrud Verified Traveler

[​IMG]

Username
    : Syrud
    Discord Username: Celemex#7316
    Full Name: Syrud Vervetos Jenkins
    Nickname: None
    Date of birth: April 1st, 2383
    Place of birth: Mainland
    Job: Fisherman
    Interests and hobbies: Ancient history, exploring areas unvisited, farming and gardening, trains archery and sword fighting
    Religious Belief: He worships Marventa and Metus, though he never visited one of their temples.
    Signature Item: A small fishing rod, which was given by his father when he was only 5 years old. It is made out of oak wood, with the name "Syrud" carved on the handle. Carries it all the time, treating it like it's his lucky charm.

[​IMG]
    Background

When I was 5 years old, my father gifted me a small fishing rod, made by himself, and said "This will show you true wonders of the world. It will guide you through many waves and streams, many days and nights. You just have to go with the flow.". Of course, I was so young that this words were very confusing to me, but they were carved in my mind. My father then taught me how to fish, how to attach the bait to the hook, how to gut fish, which fish were the best to cook, which were the best money. All of the fishing essence drew me in, I was delighted by it. Everyday, I'd walk along a long clay road, with one hunk of bread and 2 figs, which were given to me by my mother. I'd walk all the way to a small river stream, where my father taught me to fish. I'd fish for hours, until the sky started to darken a bit, then I'd take the fish I caught home. Not good enough to eat, but good enoguh to practice the gutting. My father was proud of my progress, saying I was a quick learner and an even better fisherman." So, I started to go with him to his "workplace", learning even more advanced techniques, and how to handle with bigger fish. I was fascinated with the different challenges I was put up against, and I always wanted more.

I never went to school, yet I felt like I knew as much or even better than those who were literate, though I was many times humilliated by those who didn't think the same. But it did not matter, as I did what I loved. That was, until my dad passed away from something called phthisis. Those times are dark memories that I still hold upon me today, as it were the last memories I created with my father. Nevertheless, those times weren't enough to take away the memories I cherished, though it were enough to make me not fish for a long time. Everytime I tried to cast the fishing hook, I was haunted by the image of my dad coughing in my head. It was terrible.

Until one day, I heard about a place called Elpida, which held great wealth and knowledge. People told me it also held fishes never seen before, fishes that were worth more than an entire land. That information made me remember about the first words my father told me. I decided to go with the flow, to gather as much money as I could to embark on a ship to Elpida. My mother agreed with this decision, and followed me to this wonderful place, where we started a new journey of our lives, and hoped for he best.

2. HeyitsTalon

HeyitsTalon Citizen Ambassador

Hello! So a few things to fix before I accept this. The year should be 2385 as we are currently in the year 2406. As well if you could expand upon the backstory a bit more that'd be lovely! Its a pretty unique character and I'd like for you to add a few more details throughout, just to fill it out a bit more. If you're unsure what to add, just let me know :)