Ratings

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by FloThePony, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloThePony

FloThePony Citizen

2. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Yes! I have suggested this before, and I was told we could think about this farther down the road. This literally is a must have, and you just cannot stop using it.

Though, I do suggest disabling the negative ratings, and doing the following combination:
    • Agree
    • Funny
    • Winner
    • Informative
    • Friendly
    • Optimistic
    • Creative
    I wonder if its far enough down the road? I bet if we start getting some donations we can invest more into the forums.

3. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

At the beginning i thought it wasn't such a great idea cause people can respond negatively and that might make others upset or offended. Now that you mentioned that you can disable the negative ratings, it seems like a much better idea.
    It certainly is an interesting feature, I'm just not sure if it's needed.

4. DDevil_

DDevil_ Citizen

I agree! Great feature, but in my personal opinion, I don't believe negative ratings should be removed. They don't mandatorily mean something bad, for example:
    10 x agree / 7 x disagree
    These are just opinion, I understand people might feel bad if their post has 10+ disagree, but I believe they need to understand people likes and dislikes things, not everybody will agree with you, not everybody will share the same opinion as you, and that's normal, it isn't

Just an opinion though, I also understand that this can be abused, ex:
    Aaaaand would require more effort from the staff to moderate, it has it downsides, but yeah :D in any way it is implemented, I feel like it's a nice idea!

Alir99 likes this.
  5. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

This is just my opinion, but I like to talk and reply to other people, so for example if I post something and someone gives their opinion, I would like to talk more to them and fully involve them in the thread, rather than them just reading it and posting a thumbs up or a like.
    I don't disagree with this btw, I just prefer talking to people.

DDevil_ likes this.
  6. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Don't quote me on this, but from what I understand @Tomas has setup the budget to a specific threshold. Since at this time we are not running off of donations. @Tomas runs everything out of his own pocket. As a result, this is considered a "luxury" item that is most likely not budgeted for.

Just remember I don't know for sure, but this is my understanding.

Saphiria likes this.
  7. Saphiria

Your right, it's not needed, but it is very nice. People love this add on, and you just can't stop using it.

Yeah, I feel like this isn't something we should put our money in at this time. Though, if someone donated and put specifically for the money to go this, maybe we could get it?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  8. FloThePony

FloThePony Citizen

Sorry! I didn't see Saph's suggestion.

9. Saphiria

Thread Locked.

We are very happy to announce that we have plans in the very near future to buy this addon. I hope you all are excited and that you are sure to thank @Tomas for buying it for us.

Cheers,
    The Minecraft Frontiers Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.