Nico's bugs and suggestions :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nico, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Makes sense. And now the /vote and /tell commands will be removed there is no need to know them anyway :p

2. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Vote will remain in, tell will be removed soon. Probably update 2.1

3. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

This is more of a flaw in the politics system than a bug, but I wanted to adress it anyway because it can affect the gameplay.

When you're a blackmith you have to learn the recipes by hard practice and then figure out the mastercrafts, all the while collecting a lot of iron and wolf skin.
    When you're a baker you need to find the recipes for stuff like apples bread, spend hours getting wheat and importing herbs to become the best.

In the above examples it takes time and effort to become good at it, and maybe even the best. This is completly different from politics.
    All you need is a few people to like you and be like "Yeah I'll vote for you. I have no clue how politics work so I have no idea what you're plans are, but you have my vote!".

To become a baker or blacksmith requires research for recipes and stuff. Now people from all professions just come and apply for a position, and I can already tell they will get it thanks to their groupies.

I know currently the server uses a quitte realistic election system, but as you can see that only knows for big groups of people where not everybody knows the politicians (and bakers :/) in person.

Some of the current politicians have more knowledge about it than others, I don't know if this a direct thread to Insulera since there is minimal knowledge required to just, don't screw up. However the Minister of Trade and Prefect have enough power to cause huge problems when not ran by someone who knows how it works. Currently I think those 2 will be won by people who are smart enough to not screw up, but think about this:
    Why have a person who just not screw up as politician instead of someone who could actually make things better? Well, I know the answer. And if you've read this post you know too. Because of their fanbase.

EDIT: Maybe only make players with politician as job or who have spent a long time doing something political able to apply?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  4. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Apparently in 1.9 they added faster health regeneration, by making you hunger bar go down faster while regeneration.
    No comfirmation from me but @org36 says because regeneration is turned off, you don't regen (duuuh) but it sitll keeps eating your hunger.

I tried it myself and however I think I did notice a difference I'm not sure, so let's just trust @org36 on this one :D

5. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Thanks for letting us know, this hopefully will be resolved in an upcoming update.