Approved Kelvin's character bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by nidoranz, Mar 13, 2016.

1. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

Kelvin's Character Bio

[​IMG]

Full Name
    : Kelvin Smith
    Nickname: Kelvin
    Date of birth: 2367S
    Place of birth: His little village at the outskirt of the mainland
    Current residence: Elpida
    Job: Any form of money making job
    Interests and hobbies: Swordsplay
    Signature Item (s):
    His lucky iron sword
    Religious Belief:Ignarus

[​IMG]
    Background

Personality: Shy,he doesn't like to talk to strangers and also very cautious

Past:Kelvin was raised by both of his parents.His father worked as a blacksmith and his mother stayed at home.Kelvin was bought up to believe Ignarus as it brings good luck to us.His father never wanted him to touch a blade and wanted him to become a merchant, but Kelvin secretly liked swords and always practiced with a small wooden twig and would always go to the jungle nearby. He would also sometimes ask the local folks to teach him a few swords skills.He was very happy with his life because he had his friends and family, but something happened which changed his life completely and also gave him a deep scar in his heart.

One day,he was just relaxing in his little village located on the outskirt of town.He went to the barn to help his parents feed the pigs.When he was done with that,he returned to his home and had his breakfast. As he would normally go to see the local folks training with their swords, he always wanted to become a swordsman when he grew up. However, just when he was leaving his house,someone came running to him and his face is so pale just like he just met a ghost,he shouted 'Bad News! Bad News! the bandits is going to raid out village!Everyone hide in a safe place!'. Kelvin panicked and rushed back into his house and told his parents.They hid as soon as the news reached them.The bandits arrived with swords and bows.Some villagers tried to fight them but unfortunately they died in the fight because there were too many bandits for them to handle.

When the bandits reached Kelvin's house,they ransacked everything and left the house empty of valuables.Kelvin and his parents were found.The bandits captured them all, Kelvin's parents begged the bandits to have mercy and let go of Kelvin.The bandits stabbed Kelvin's parents. Kelvin,filled with fury, kicked the bandit hard in the stomach and escaped from them. He ran out into a nearby jungle. Kelvin sobbed as he watched his town being burned down by the bandits. When the bandits are almost done, the armed knight from the town arrived and captured almost all of the bandits. Kelvin was left heart-broken as he had no intention to live because he lost his parents which he adored a lot. He went through the burning town to find his friends after the bandits left, but he only found his friend's dead body. The pain felt by him was unmeasurable as he lost his precious friends and family. Kelvin buried his friend's body with the help of a few remaining villagers.He was so sad and had no place to live now,he ran into the jungle.He bumped into the knight that killed the bandits.

The knight felt pity for him and adopted him. Kelvin began to live his life in the town and began practicing swordplay from the knight to prevent this sort of things to happen again.The knight grew fond of him,the knight taught him more skills with swords and taught him which parts to strike to deal critical hit.

Years by years, Kelvin's swords skill became more talented. When he reached 15 years of age,he could already deal with two bandits at a time, but at that time,the knight is having financial problems and Kelvin is forced to work and earn some money, but kelvin can't find a job so he became a hunter and sold wolf's pelt.Some people praise Kelvin for his good swords skill at such a young age. A local folk suggested him to the town's army, as he can make a living with that job with his swords skill.After three years of training in the army camp, he grew up to become a great and tough swordsman.The army wanted to send him to Elpida to train his swords skills more as Elpida is popular for everything including the best swords trainer.

Where he got his signature item: it was given from the knight to Kelvin when he was 15 as a farewell gift.
    Kelvin used it to hunt wolfs and sell their pelts.(when he had no job)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  2. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

Interesting bio, though there are some things you should revise.

Since we are talking about your character, can you clarify what "the net is"? Since the MCF world is not modern enough to have computers, if this is referring to your character you may either want to remove this if it is referring to the internet or clarify what "the net" is. If this is referring to you, then you may want to remove this as your bio not meant about you personally but instead about your character.
    By full name, we expect first and last name. You can make up whatever name you choose, but you should have at least a first and last name. Nidoranz could be your nickname.
    Since you say you lived in a village at a young age that you did not specify, would it be enough to guess that you were born in that village? If not, you can make up wherever you were born.
    You either forgot to add a story to the lucky iron dagger and forgot to add practicing sword to the signature items section, or you have changed what your signature item is while writing your story. Either make a story for your lucky dagger, add practicing sword to your list of signature items, or do both.

Your background is a little small. You may want to consider expanding on your background by adding more detail to it, as there are some things that are not clear:
    1. Where exactly is the village? What other details about the village can you give?
    2. What happened before the bandits attacked? What was your life like before the attack?
    3. What happened between when you were adopted and when you turned 15?
    4. How could the knight not be able to afford to adopt Nido and yet he is able to save "a lot of money" to send him to Elpida?

There are a few grammatical errors, sentences that do not make much sense, and some changes in tenses within sentences. This should be fixed if you want to be accepted.

Tomas likes this.
  3. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

thx can i just edit it?well as the guide says 1 to 2 paragraph about my background story so i am scared i wrote too long so i just end it there

4. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Take a look at some of the other bios with the approved tag to get a sense of good length. Too much is never really an issue. So feel free to write what you want.

Zombie_Striker and nidoranz like this.
  5. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Interesting story.
    There were a few minor grammatical and tense errors which I corrected for you.
    Apart from that, everything else is good.
    @tcvs should give you server access soon.

6. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

Thanks,everyone! I'm so scared that i won't be approved and I owe you one ZombieStriker! :')

7. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

You are approved you know :)

8. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Congratulations to both of you! I hope to see you two in the server.

9. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Welcome to the community!

Your bio sounds a bit similar to mine, but I suppose similarities can't really be helped with the number of people joining. Notably the village being ransacked and burned by bandits.

10. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Maybe the same bandits attacked you both :p. Who knows!?!?

hastearms likes this.
  11. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

i think i am xalveris's neighbour lol ,maybe i can be Xalveris's neighbour again when the server's out ;)

12. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

The gif in your signature is amazing, @nidoranz :)