Feedback List

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Isaiha, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Isaiha

Isaiha Builder Builder

Just a list of things I'm noticing and/or am suggesting:

-Trapdoors on side of buildings maybe shouldn't be able to be clicked to change the axis of the trap door (going from vertical against a window for exmaple to flat on the ground)

-More chat options for your player: /yell , /region or /vicinity as well as additional chat features integrated with npc vendors or npc's in general that will answer according to a compiled list of statements or responses like you currently have this:
    Player: "Hi" NPC: "Hello [Name], Welcome!"
    This is nice and we should have npc's say those types of responses to multiple variations of talking to them like:
    "Greetings!" "Salutations!" for saying Hi to an NPC
    You can ask them what they do as a vendor or for a living in the game like:
    "How are you?" NPC has a random mood for the day
    "What do you do?" or "What is this place?" or "What do you sell?" or "What can I buy?" or "How much is it?" etc. These can be replicated amongst all Vendor NPC's and they answer accordingly with a response like "I am a baker! What would you like today?" or "Are you seeking a tamed horse?" or "Can I repair any weapons and armor for you today?" depending on how you planned your trading/repairing/buying/selling in minecraft frontiers

-There should be an obvious introduction and tutorial to joining the server. In the past we've talked about this amongst the staff about doing "tutorial island" and setting up a specific opening sequence to introduce your character to the world and what sorts of things you can do in Frontiers.

-Is there any kind of ability to thieving/stealing from NPC's? Is there any criminal system in the game at all in the current state? I feel like there could be something where If an NPC discovers you sneaking in private areas they call the guards and you get sent to prison or are "fined" from your personal bank account. But it's something to look into down the road if there isn't, as we want to open up the option for players to do whatever they wanted.

More to come.....

2. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I agree with most of these, especially with the tutorial. Every time the discussion comes up, it gets rejected. I also think the chat could be improved.

3. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

NPC dialogues still have plenty we want to add. We will see about an introduction.

The biggest problem with an introduction is the amount of work it takes to setup one up when it is a one time use. Another problem with a beginning tutorial is the server will continue to get big updates and a lot of resources would have to go towards updating the tutorial system.

Criminal Activity or anything like that is not available yet. We have big plans for this. You should be seeing this update after the NPC's get a little more love.