Event Suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by Alir99, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Hey.

So as most of you are probably aware of, we will be running events on a regular basis. These will be various and will be occurring over a range of themes. If you guys have an idea for an event that you would like to be set up, send your ideas here and if it is possible, we might include it.

Thanks,
    Ali

2. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

100TH POST​
    Oooh Suggesstions! Hmm, Oh I got a few:

1. Mainland Trade Deficit:
    All trade values have gone up due to the incompetence of the mainland traders!

2. The Othworldly Raiders: Some raiders from another land have come to take our lives! We must fight back against these outlaws with everything we got!

3. Festival of the Gods: In honor of all the gods, the mainland has sent us many gifts! Look in your homes to see what you recieved!

4. Christmas Time in Elpida: Tis the season of giving and recieving folks! Trade prices are now up! Also remember to put up your tree! You never know who could visit you in the night! (EXCLUSIVLY FOR CHRISTMAS! :D)

5. National Cat Day: (I think I saw something about "Pets" ) All pets are now slightly discounted, but ocelots and cats are now extremely cheaper!

6.We are the Few, We are the many, we are Warriors: In recognization to their service, all Explorers,Warriors, and other of the associated recieve more from quests!

7. Nationalism at it's peak: You are proud to be a Elpid'ian and so you earn just a little more from everything in life! Good on you!

8. Campaigning for the top: (When Rep is fully implemented.) Politicians have an easier time gaining reputation with everyone! Hopefully their campaigns go well!

9. Though we are few, We must hammer on: Praise those blacksmiths, and carpenters, because without them we would have no tools or any place to live! (Both of the two proffessions earn just a little more gold from off shore selling!)

10. Admins Day of Fun: So Basicly, the admins and all of the such, just get a day to fly around in spectator mode watching everyone do their thing (Not like they can't or won't do that already). But for this one day, they get to choose their favorite person and give them ONE item of their choice. Not spectacular, but hey, we all just want to have some fun! :D

If you need more, give me a shout, I have tons, these are just a few I could think of immediantly! :)

3. Alir99

Some very good ideas.

Arena battles have been in my mind for some time and will most probably be an event in the near future. The arena has already been built, it is just the case of using it.

Festival could also be a pretty good event, but that would have to wait until, like you said, the buying/selling system has been fully implemented.

Regarding the Unknown event, who knows? We might have one ready, or we might not ;)

These are also some good ideas, but I think you misunderstood the meaning of event.

Events would take place on one day only, and lasting only for a couple of hours, so the few ideas you've written about selling and gaining more experience and money wouldn't really work, but if you have any more ideas, feel free to mention them.

4. QuannTan

Ah, Sorry, Alright I will... Have to think on that! :D

5. Alir99

Sure, take your time. There is no rush :)

6. QuannTan

I know, now I just feel kind of dumb for not understanding the question! :laughing:

7. Alir99

Not really, as there are events that last days and even weeks, so I see your point.

8. QuannTan

But still, it wasn't what you were looking for.. So I apologize. Anyhow, I will try and think of something silly! Good Day! :D

9. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

How about a group of bad people (who dont actually excist but sssh) have a hideout somewhere hidden on the island where they plan to do something really evil and for that they need supplies which needs to be brought to them by some players who chose to be bandits, assassins, etc just the bad stuff. But in the mean time the other players have to stop them from picking up and delivering the package to the hideout. BUT both locations are unknown, both the package and the hideout. The bad players are a team together and so are the good people, and both teams get some hints on where the package and the hideout are, but not the same so they have to look at what the other team is doing so they can figure out what their hint is >: D
    Also talking to certain NPC's could give you more hints

This should also be a bit balanced so if you would spend all the time trying to get hints from NPC's you would get about the same amount of hints as when you would spend all time exploring the island looking for hints there. This would make the teams split up in smaller teams who work together with different task for the same goal.

Also it would have to be a bit harder than just being able to randomly walk into the woods and find it, so you would need to figure out a password or something, idk

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  10. Alir99

I really like this. I can definitely see it working.

Nico likes this.
  11. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

How about a group of bad people (who dont actually excist but sssh) have a hideout somewhere hidden on the island where they plan to do something really evil and for that they need supplies which needs to be brought to them by some players who chose to be bandits, assassins, etc just the bad stuff.

@Nico - but, what if they already do exist? ;)

Nico likes this.
  12. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

*Silent scream comes from the background*