Events & Rewards

Discussion in 'Minecraft Frontiers News and Announcements' started by Tomas, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Starting with Prototype 2, we are introducing our rewards framework!

Players who get involved in our regular events, or simply even participate in the Prototype 2, will get some sweet rewards as a token of our gratitude.

We are also announcing scheduled events! While people play at different times, events give us a great opportunity to bring our members together. This means you'll get to enjoy the MF experience with tons of people around, earning rare items in the process.

Events:
    Events are activities scheduled to take place at a certain time. They usually last around 2 hours, often supervised by one of our staff members. There are three types of events:
    • Story Arc Chapter: This is a substantial piece of story driven content. Our lore writer @cman64 has written three amazing story arcs - full blown tales designed to last several months. Each story is themed around a significant event in Elpida, putting our players in the driver's seat. These story arcs are broken down into chapters - 2 hour bite-sized pieces of content. That way we can deliver this rich experience in a very approachable way. Every 4 chapters, players experience a finale - a climactic turning point in the story, often forcing the players to make a decision, in turn affecting the shape of Elpida forever. These will be starting in Prototype 3.
    • Major Server Event: These are not part of a story arc, but often have a decent amount of planning behind them. They are stand alone experiences (unrelated to one another). Most of these will be run by our community coordinator @Alir99. They may include things like treasure hunts, PvP tournaments, races or small story events. These will be starting in Prototype 2!
    • Minor Server Event: Running on odd weeks (less busy times), minor events encourage roleplay through small staff incentives. They revolve around sharing stories, interacting with secondary characters or simply gathering the players in one place. Minor events allow us to keep the fun rolling, while giving our events staff a break - they require little planning. An example of this is a tavern night. These will also be starting in Prototype 2!

Schedule (every month)
    1st Saturday: Major Server Event - A scheduled event, unique each month. These will include treasure hunts, PvP tournaments, exploration tasks, or other substantial events.

2nd Saturday: Travelling Merchant (Minor Server Event) - A travelling merchant visits Elpida. He loves a good tale. Players are able to stop him and tell him a story of their adventure. He will reward them with rare collectibles in return.

3rd Saturday: Dungeon Run (Major Server Event) - Join our staff members for a dungeon run. The people who brought you the project will adventure by your side, attempting to tackle some of the most challenging monsters.

4th Saturday: Tavern Night (Minor Server Event) - Various staff members will stop by a tavern in Elpida. You may learn of news from the Mainland, or simply have a chat with some of our staff.

Event Rewards

Participating in an event earns you rewards. These will be awarded to you at the end of the event. They vary from week to week. These rewards may include:
    • Gameplay Items - Players may get small gameplay impacting items (food / simple weapons) during their participation.
    • Event Lore - Future events may refer to players who participated previously. Participating in a story event may mean NPCs will recognise you at the next event (or event involve you to a greater degree).
    • Collectible Items - Lore collectible items. These are always part of a set, with the aim of collecting them all to complete the set.
    • Participation Points - this is an important one. Each event you participate in awards you participation points. At the end of Prototype 2, players will be granted substantial rewards based on their participation level.

Participation Points:

As players take part in the Prototype test, they collect participation points. These points are gained for turning up at our scheduled events, but also for completing key milestones on our server. At the end of the prototype test, your point balance will decide what participation reward level you are. Needless to say, the higher your participation level, the greater the rewards.

Getting Points
    The following deeds will earn you points:

Logging in for the first time - 100 points

Server Launch Participation - 300 points
    Major Event Participation - 200 points (for each event)
    Minor Event Participation - 100 points (for each event)
    Player Organised Event - 100 points (for approved player run events)

Mastercrafted Item - 100 points (each time you discover a new mastercrafted item)
    Legendary Creature - 100 points (each time you slay a new legendary beast)
    Politics Election - 200 points (awarded once)
    Item Collection - 200 points (each time you complete a new item collection)
    Claiming Participation Rewards
    At the end of Prototype 2, your points will be retrieved. You will get ALL of the rewards requiring a smaller (or equal) number of points than you obtained. There rewards will be available at the start of Prototype 3. Many of them are quite substantial, so you'll want to rack up those participation points!

These are completely separate to event rewards. You earn event rewards (mentioned in the Events section above) right after taking part in an event. Participation rewards are much larger, awarded at the end of the whole prototype test.

200 points: Prototype 2 Badge - Visit our forums with a bling. You will get a forum badge commemorating your Prototype 2 participation.

400 points: Manuscript (Ice Armour) - Explains the basics of ice armour crafting. This will help you understand the recipes behind ice armour - a rare set of equipment every adventurer will drool over.

600 points: Wallpaper - The team will send you a Minecraft Frontiers: Prototype 2 wallpaper.

800 points: Mainland Poetry - A shipment of lore books from the mainland.

1000 points: Prototype 3 Headstart - A crate of general items (tools/weapons), helping you headstart your Prototype 3 adventure.

1250 points: Oracle Dye - Allowing you to dye leather armour with a rare dye only available as this reward. Will be an actual in-game item, allowing the player to dye 1 set of armour.

1500 points: Rare Weapon Components - These materials let the player craft limited-style weapons. Limited-style weapons will stand out in terms of lore and may handle in combat differently.

2000 points: Custom Book - Allows the player to design an in-game book. The book will be available as an in-game item, found in a library in Elpida. Our staff will work with you, letting you experience the content creation process, from start to finish.

2500 points: Manuscript (Gourmet Cooking) - This book will teach you all the tricks of gourmet cooking. Tender steaks with balsamic reduction, fluffy pastry with minty aromas or rich stews with Mainland spices. You'll master them all.

3000 points: Custom Craftable Item - An item inspired by the player's character will be craftable ingame. You'll work with the server owner, learning about the itemisation process. You'll get a behind the scenes look at how all of our custom items come to life.

Top 3: Hall of Heroes Statue - Three most active players will have their characters in the hall of heroes. These will stay there permanently, for all the future player generations to see. Hall of Heroes is an unannounced zone, released in a future server update.

Everyone on the team is incredibly excited about our upcoming events. Many of them have been in planning for months - with the goal of delivering a rich and innovative experience for our members.

Likewise, the rewards framework is an amazing feature. They allow us to interact with our most dedicated members on a deeper level. The highest reward tiers will let you to take part in the making of Minecraft Frontiers. We can't wait to see who is passionate enough to snatch those up.

As always, feel free to leave your comments. We are listening!

Jay, DrLeox, Nico and 4 others like this.
  2. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

*Drools while mumbling incoherently about points*
    *Sloppily marks down on calendar the saturdays with events*

You guys are lighting off a demon, a demon who will never stop playing just to earn all the points. (Also, duh, a statue, because who doesn't love my pretty face! ;) )

But really though, ya'll are making this really in depth, like, ya'll are gonna have a hard time trying to get me to stay off. :p

Anyways ya'll, this is cool.. Like, no, really, this seems like it would be a whole 'nother game. God this will be fun!! :D

Nico likes this.
  3. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Wait, does this mean all data will be reset between prototypes too? I thought it was only before the final release D:

4. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

No. Where did you get that from?

5. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Because of this:
    I've seen in a previous post that you would be rewarded after the reset, so that^ would mean there would be a reset. But now I think about it that could also mean this would be the last prototype :I

6. Alir99

This is different from the rewards that you're thinking of. The reason we add the points after Prototype 2 is because it would otherwise get too much and difficult to count. Part of it is because the events for now, are only in Prototype 2. In Prototype 3, Story Arcs will be introduced, and the rewards for that, if any, will have its own layout.

So long story short, there may not be any reset of your stats or progress in Elpida, only your points.

Also this is most definitely not the last Prototype.

QuannTan and Nico like this.
  7. QuannTan

Still, this seems like a rather intriguing concept! :D

Nico likes this.
  8. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

While it isn't planned, it may still happen. Just remember, this is a prototype. We are not even in the beta phase yet. We had to do a reset within the first few hours of Prototype 1, and another the same week. After that, things got more stable. You just don't know.

9. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

At this point, I can confirm we are doing a reset at the start of phase 2.

In between phase 1 and 2 we have rewritten and created a huge amount of change within our infrastructure. This has made our saves incompatible with the previous version.

Ontop of that, we have also rewritten and are in the process of rewriting all NPC dialogues, items, crafting recipes and a bunch more. So for the returning players from prototype 1, it will contain new experiences. This also includes the map, our builders have given it a large revamp.

This might be undesirable for some, but this change has allowed us to make some big changes.

10. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

There may be a reset after Prototype 2. Any of the Participation Rewards (earned for points) will be granted at the beginning of Prototype 3. That way, you won't lose them during the reset.

11. QuannTan

Just realised that there's going to be collectibles. My inner game completionist is coming out. Oh no.0_0

Nico likes this.
  12. Alir99

Yup this phase of the prototype will include many new things. We may even have some other secrets ;)

13. QuannTan

*twitches* I. Must. Collect. All. Of. Them! :laughing:

Edit: Wait? Secrets too? Oh dear god..

Nico likes this.
  14. Alir99

Well I shouldn't really mention them here, as they are secrets, but I think $20 PayPal and a untraceable AOL chat group might make me spill the beans.

15. QuannTan

If you are looking for money
    I can tell you I have none.
    But what I do have,
    are a very large amount of chihuahas
    Now these chihuahuas
    they could make life a nightmare for a person like you.

So, if you spill them beans now.
    I will not pursue you,
    I will not look for the secrets,
    and I will not send you these chihuahuas.

However, if you don't.
    I will pursue you.
    I will look for the secrets.
    And I will,

Send. You. These. Chihuahuas.
    And Above all Else,
    I will Learn those secrets.

[​IMG]

16. Alir99

I freaking love chihuahuas. Just send them my way.

17. QuannTan

That's what I thou-
    Wait, what?
    No, bad @Alir99 they're mine!
    Uh.. Would you accept a half-eaten chicken sandwich in turn for said secrets?

Nico likes this.
  18. Alir99

Quarter-eaten and I'm not budging.

19. QuannTan

Errgghhh.. Come on..I've got chihuahuas to feed man..

Edit: Hello! If you are viewing this later in the future you may be a little curious as to what happend with the exchange. Well as Mr. @Alir99 did indeed take the half-eaten sandwich, however he also took 12 of my chihuahuas as well. So if you are ever making a black market deal with him, hide your chihuahuas, otherwise they're already his. Good day ya'll! :D

Edit2: P.S. Also never try and extort information with a sandwich. @Alir99 finds you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Nico and Alir99 like this.
  20. Alir99

I am the overseer. I oversee. Everything.