Approved Kypen Biography

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Kypen, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Kypen

Kypen Traveler

IGN: Kypen
    Discord: Kypen#8812

Character name: Kypen Thaus

Born on September 18, 2391S (currently age 14) in a small Coastal Mainland town.

Job: Jeweler

Religious Belief: Believer of Aestheria.

Kypen fingered his necklace. The smooth, bulbous shape resembled that of a small hourglass. He faced the crashing waves as the scent of saltwater flooded his nostrils.

“Hey Ky, how’s it going? I heard you managed to nab yourself a ferry ticket to Elpida? Trying ya luck, aye?” A man with broad shoulders approached Kypen from behind. A lengthy net draped over his left shoulder dragged along the dock’s wooden planks.

Kypen smiled. Most of his assets were pawned off, leaving only a few noteworthy legacies from his master behind: a few journals and notes on jewelry making. His only possessions that remained were either on him or in his bag.

“Yes, sir. How’s the missus?”

It was Mr. Hern, a fisherman that was on good terms with his teacher, Master Javius.

“S’well. I was thinking of sending off our little one too, but at the rate the season’s going this year, we’re only gonna have a bit to spare after expenses.”

“Well, it’s all or nothing,” Kypen said.

It wasn’t really a formal ticket that he managed to buy. His “cabin” was to be with the animals in the hull. Kypen already dreaded the obnoxious smell.

Signature item:
    “Kypen's Necklace”
    It’s nothing more than a crude glass trinket in the shape of an hourglass. Beginner’s luck, I guess.​

“All aboard the Crimson Wayfarer! Hurry up and get yer asses aboard! We’re settling off in quarter till!” A booming voice roared out.

It was already midday, and the bustling docks were even louder than during the morning when stalls were set up as a temporary market. The port overflowed with people, luggage, and livestock. Families waved goodbye. Sultry women waved off sailors who stumbled slightly their way back to the port from the greened taverns.

Kypen came early enough to avoid most the ruckus, but it was useless. He had to board with all the animals after the real passengers.

He once again took out the papers his master left behind and began to leaf through them, clutching the yellowing parchment. The dark ink was already faded. He wasn’t afraid of the sea wind ruining the pages. After all, they were just some journal entries, nothing really important.

“Today I found a lil’ runt. The brat tried pickpocketing me. Of course it’s not a local, who would be dumb enough to rob me? Most the townfolk already know who I am. Kid looks like one of the northern folk. His clothes are torn, but the emblem stitching looks familiar. Maybe…? I need to check to see if the symbols match.”

He grinned. That was when his master first found him. None of these entries were dated, for his master “did not like to live in the past.” It was a bit ironic, keeping entries yet not dating the memories.

“All aboard! We’re off!” The time had come to board.

Maybe he’d be willful this once. After all, he’s still following his master’s teachings. He let the pages slip away from his fingers, flying into the wind. His small frame allowed him to scurry onto the ship.

As the parchment fluttered, it landed in the water. It had an odd reaction with the otherwise blank side of the parchment. If you looked closely, multiple lines of scratches could be made out:

“It’s number four’s family, that old bastard. Most likely a side family branch. What’s a kid like that doing here? They’re not wealthy, but they’re living comfortably at the capital, right?”

“The bloody old officials at the capital. House of Time has fallen, who made them the scapegoats?”

“I… can’t do anything. They're too strong.”

“I hope he doesn’t try and go for revenge. That’d be dumb.”

The parchment soon broke apart, and the scratched memento disappeared.

The Crimson Wayfarer left rippling waters as it left Mainland.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    eragon43 likes this.
  2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Perfect!

Welcome to the community :D