Approved Character Bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Gelmir, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gelmir

Gelmir Verified Traveler

Full Name: Gelmir Culnámo
    Nickname(s): Gelmir
    Date of birth: 17th of March 2381S
    Place of birth: Mainland
    Current residence: A small house in Elpida
    Job: Writer and Explorer
    Interests and hobbies: Reading books and travelling
    Religious Belief: Aestheria
    Signature Item (s): A journal that he has closely kept for years after getting it at age 5

"Son of a whore!"

"Bastard!"

"Freak!"

The other children had him surrounded. They would jeer and tease and he hated them. One in particular, Heath, he hated more than any other. He was the worst. Most days he would only jeer like the rest of them, on others he would throw punches whilst being cheered on by the other children. Oh, how he hated them. "Please, stop..."

"What's a matter, bastard? Afraid of a little name calling? Weak. My father agrees with me, only he thinks that your father is weak too. I just feel sorry for him, having to put up with scum like you as a child." Heath spoke. He would not stop. Gelmir felt the hatred grow inside of him...

"Your mother was a whore, your sister's a whore, and you, most likely, are also going to be a whore." Heath's words were like daggers in Gelmir's skull, the more he said the more painful the blade. Would he never be silenced? Would he not be free from these monsters? Not even just these children, the whole town seemed to be against him. Especially his father.

"What's wrong? Too ashamed to say anything back to me?" Heath was relentless. "You're nothing but a bastard scum." Gelmir felt like crying, he couldn't fight back... there were too many of them. He had tried.to walk away, but they only blocked his path. He could hear them laughing with Heath and every word that he said...

"You're nothing but a frea...." Heath fell to the ground. His face was bloodied by a large stone Gelmir now held in his right hand. The jeering stopped. Heath was dead.

o0O0o

"Gelmir Culnamo, I hereby sentence you to banishment. You killed the boy. You are a murderer." The judge spoke with hatred. It seemed everyone did in this town. Gelmir smiled. At least he would not have to be pained by them any more. He looked to his father. He seemed joyed. Happy to be losing his son. Happy to have his son ridiculed and hurt. Gelmir would leave immediately, he had nothing of use at his home. Gelmir stood and left the town hall. As he closed the door, he heard a cheer behind him. He was happy. Happy to be leaving this disgusting place behind.

Eventhough he had gained certain freedom, he was afraid. Yes he may now do what he wants, but there is no market at which he can buy his food and no roads to guide him. He could only believe in Aestheria now to guide him. With the little money he has left now, which he had earned by doing simple chores that no one else wanted to do, some of it which still disgusts him to this day, he'd make a new life. "Right then." He sighed as he set off of to his new adventure on his way to Elpida.

o0O0o

Eventhough the road would be long to Elpida and even if he was not sure if it existed it was his only hope. He had heard tales of people hailing from Elpida and even once a trader claimed he was from there. Through the bushes and trees over the rolling hills of grass he would walk, for over 5 years, eating whatever he could find, meeting new people and swiftly saying goodbye to those aswel. The path he took may have been longer than needed, but he learned many a thing along the way, now his new life may begin in Elpida.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

Quite a good background but you can write more about how you heard Elpida and what happened after you've been banished,your age is 34 but you reached Elpida when your a child,quite unlogic

3. Gelmir

Gelmir Verified Traveler

Thanks for the advice I fixed it hopefully

4. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

@Gelmir I enjoyed the read. @Alir99 should be getting to your post soon!

Gelmir likes this.
  5. Gelmir

Gelmir Verified Traveler

Thank you

6. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Interesting story.
    Could you include a date of birth for your character? Apart from that, I don't see a problem with your bio. Let me know when you've done that, so that I can approve it.
    Good luck.

7. Gelmir

Gelmir Verified Traveler

Done

8. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Thank you. =)
    Contact @tcvs in order to be whitelisted and for your prototype badge.
    Good luck!