UK Topic on Voting

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by llyrios, Dec 7, 2015.

?

Should the UK bomb Syria?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2015.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Depends on if they try anything else...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. llyrios

llyrios Retired Staff Retired Staff

Here I will be posting things about the UK and anyone from the UK or not can vote on whatever the poll is...
    Topics discussed:

[Should the UK bomb Syria]
    Draconis: "Killing is never resolved by more killing, it only spreads further intentions of malice so no I don't think bombing is a good idea."

Saphiria: "I am from the United States, but this poll still applies to us. Currently, we have a very... ignorant... president. He won't even call these attacks acts of terrorism! Yes, I see how bombing will not help, but we can not just stand by and let them grow stronger while kill more people. War is war, and if they want to kill innocent people, then we need to kill them first. I hate the idea of death, but we have two choices, either evil people die (they chose this path) or innocent people minding their own business die. They chant and sing about removing America from the face of the Earth, and if you think people that evil will stop, then news flash, they won't."

Llyrios: "Agreed."

Saphiria: "That surprised me! I was under the impression that most people from the UK disagreed with the idea of bombing. Glad to see that some people share the same opinion. I personally believe that until a "major" attack happens on American soil most people could care less (in the U.S.A). We all get this idea that America is unstoppable when in all honesty we are falling behind..."

Llyrios: "I believe to bomb the main country and central hub of ISIS is a risk, but risks must be made, sure it's innocent people being killed but they are killing our innocents, if it is ISIS' country (in a sense), then it is only fair in one way or another that we take the risk and take their innocent civilians as they have taken the lives of ours and of course Paris. It's just the most sensible thing to do as it will scare them. And hopefully take out alot of their members, they will only be bombing the ISIS areas in Syria, so there is no way of knowing who, in that area, is part of ISIS and the terrorist movement."

[Should the UK Government legalise Cannabis in all its forms?]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  2. Draconis

Draconis Citizen

Killing is never resolved by more killing, it only spreads further intentions of malice so no I don't think bombing is a good idea.

3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I am from the United States, but this poll still applies to us. Currently, we have a very... ignorant... president. He won't even call these attacks acts of terrorism! Yes, I see how bombing will not help, but we can not just stand by and let them grow stronger while kill more people. War is war, and if they want to kill innocent people, then we need to kill them first. I hate the idea of death, but we have two choices, either evil people die (they chose this path) or innocent people minding their own business die. They chant and sing about removing America from the face of the Earth, and if you think people that evil will stop, then news flash, they won't.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  4. llyrios

5. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

;) That surprised me! I was under the impression that most people from the UK disagreed with the idea of bombing. Glad to see that some people share the same opinion. I personally believe that until a "major" attack happens on American soil most people could care less (in the U.S.A). We all get this idea that America is unstoppable when in all honesty we are falling behind...

6. llyrios

@Saphiria Veneficia I believe to bomb the main country and central hub of ISIS is a risk, but risks must be made, sure it's innocent people being killed but they are killing our innocents, if it is ISIS' country (in a sense), then it is only fair in one way or another that we take the risk and take their innocent civilians as they have taken the lives of ours and of course Paris. It's just the most sensible thing to do as it will scare them. And hopefully take out alot of their members, they will only be bombing the ISIS areas in Syria, so there is no way of knowing who, in that area, is part of ISIS and the terrorist movement.