Approved ℕ Bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by TheNumberTaker, Dec 3, 2019.

1. TheNumberTaker

TheNumberTaker Citizen

Username: TheNumberTaker
    Discord Username: The Number Taker#2759
    Full Name: Alvin Swanick
    Nickname: Number
    Date of birth: 31st June 2387S
    Place of birth: Mainland
    Current residence: Mainland, but goes on adventures often.
    Job: Mercenary and thief
    Interests and hobbies: Hunting and archery
    Religious Belief: believes in Phaedron
    Signature Item (s): None, the only thing he requires is his ability to fight and to steal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain lashed down on the farmers that worked the lands of the poor wind battered town that was tucked away between the trees. Very few ever took the time to visit the area, and it was for good reason. Famine was wrought through its houses, and long forgotten wars had stolen its riches, leaving the remains of a long forgotten city which used to be a key point of trade. Through the chorus of dirt and rain, a babies cry can be heard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birds sing and the wind brushes the leaves, creating a melody that twisted and writhed in throughout the foliage. The beating of hooves on the hard, summer dirt reverberates around the trees and bushes that surround me. They grow louder, stronger, less graceful and more hurried as they grow near, and a crash alerts me of a lost good, before they twist away and soon are replaced by the gentle patter of a summer downfall. I wonder over, investigating the package that tumbled off this wagon that was in such a hurry. A bag is lay in the light, teasing me. The silver handle of a longsword glints in the light that falls through the canopies layers, and around I see the twisted remains of a hand, caked in scarlet blood. I grab the make shift body bag, and carefully slide the contents out, which appear to be the corpse of some form of an adventurer, his body decaying by a serious degree. As well as this I find a shield, with strange and mystic engravings scattered along the sides of its frail wooden frame. I put the body back in the bag, and place it in a bush- if they want the body back, surely they will come looking ,right?

I walk into the inn, the warmth of the welcoming air rushing to meet me before escaping through the door. I step onto the worn wooden planks that have sat rotting away for longer than anyone in anyone in Elpida could probably remember and then I notice him. Perched at the corner of a table, against the furthest wall. An unfamiliar face. Scars stain him, and what isn't hidden by them is hidden by a face of facial hair.

'He must not know' I think to myself smirking as I slowly make my way to the barrel he is sat on.

I reach tentatively towards his back pocket, noticing a sizeable chunk of change. Few have noticed me, and those who have understand. I slide my fingers close, and wrap them around my bounty. One, two … He turns around, staring deep into my eyes. I see into his, and notice the pain, the hardship and the war he has seen. He smiles at me.

'I'll take that thanks.'

I step back, shocked at his calm manner to being robbed. He puts his hand out, and I place the change in it, confused as to what is happening.

'I have been looking for youths like you to recruit for the exploring programme. Would you be interested? Well, I suppose you have no choice.'

He reaches for his blade, a dagger that appears o be fashioned from some form of glimmering metal. I nod at him, I don't want to be injured, and he lets his blade drop back into its holster.

‘So’, he says,’ I hope you aren’t see sick because we’ve got quite a journey to Elpida’

The gentle whistle of the wind dances with the jeers of the gulls that gather on the ship's bow, the sounds darted and weaving throughout the masts, and producing a melancholy chorus that soaks me like the spray of sea salt. It is pushed around the night sky, punctuated occasionally by the shouts of sailors and the merry sounds of a shanty, and the comfortable boom of an ocean wave crawling up the starboard.

Soon, these gentle whistling rhythms are torn from my ears and replaced with the foreboding knock of the sediment of a beach on the wooden planks of the ship. I lift my eyes from the rope that I am untying and it lies before me- Elpida. Palm trees rock in the sea breeze, leaves glistening like a seaglass, and sand crawls across the beach, pushing against any rocks or other debris that block it. I look onto the shoreline and see the smoke of a base camp, climbing up through the sloping canopy and into the abyss of the night sky, writhing and twisting like a snake.

We clamber clumsily off the boat and gather in a harsh clump around a few crates that lay scattered along the beach.

'Here it is!', the old man cries,'your new home- Elpida!'

The sounds of the local wildlife echo through the air, and reverberate off the trunks of the hardwood trees. They warn me of the danger of this mysterious land, and inform me of how little we actually know of it. I step off the golden sand and its comforting grip, and onto the turf of this new island.

Anymore info I need to add please message me on discord as I don't check the forums as much as my discord. Hope I am approved!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    eragon43 and Alir99 like this.
  2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Welcome!

I must say, this might be one of my favourite bios so far, felt like i was reading a book. Before i approve them, i do require a few things: 1) Your character needs a full date of birth. 2) Can you add at least 1 paragraph stating your character's decision to move to Elpida. as the story sort of cuts off at the end.

Thank you!

TheNumberTaker likes this.
  3. TheNumberTaker

TheNumberTaker Citizen

. Done ;) sorry that it cut off, I must not have saved the edit I made after my meal to add that last bit of dialogue.

4. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

No worries :D

Welcome to the community!