Approved Biography of Bennden Reckett

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by DendleBtuna, Nov 26, 2019.

1. DendleBtuna

DendleBtuna Verified Traveler

DC username: Bennden Reckett #7287
    MC username: DendleBtuna
    Full name: Bennden Reckett
    Nickname(s): Benn or Reckett
    Date of birth: 2385S
    Place of birth: Mainland
    Current residence: No current residency
    Job: Woodcutter
    Interests and hobbies: Hunting, fishing and exploration
    Religious belief: Goddess Marventa
    Signature item(s): My axe named Tremor - my favorite axe sadly lost it while out in the wilderness hauling wood, must have dropped it. I wish to be reunited with it someday
    My bow named Windbreaker - I was out on a hunt when a stumbled across a woman who"s leg seemed to be wounded and she needed help back to town but before I knew it I was surrounded by bandits, it was all but a cruel ploy. They let me live on the condition they take Windbreaker in place of my life. It was very depressing walk home.

Background
    Life on the mainland was one bumpy ride of misfortune. Beginning with my birth, there was several complications and mother fell ill and struggled to hang on to life itself but somehow she managed to live until I was 3 years of age. I didn't understand it then but as I grew older and my father felt more comfortable talking to me about her death and I realized she went through so much pain and agony just to make sure I got through my earliest stage in life and I owe her everything for that. Reaching my teenage years I could finally look past my early childhood without tears rushing to my eyes, in a sense I was beginning to feel free like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I lived in a small cozy home by myself in the village of Graftwood. my father sent money for rent and supplies every month. I never really fit in with the other kids and so I kept to myself I preferred it that way. You see father was gone often since he served in the military but I didn't let that bother me since I knew it was his way of coping with the loss of mother. when I was 17 father was discharged and on indefinite leave, not knowing what to do with all this free time he taught me how to hunt with a bow and even fish. I became quite the marksmen as for fishing you could say I was pretty average. when I turned 18 my father told me I needed to find a job so I can make money to enjoy the things I truly am passionate about and so I started apprenticing at a woodcutters shop. I did most of the grunt work around the shop for the first year on the job but once I was promoted I got to take trips out to the wilderness and chop trees and plant new ones to replace them i would often explore the near surroundings. woodcutting came natural to me and so I stuck with it, if I wasn't chopping away at a tree you could find me out on a hunt with father and sometimes even at the river or down by the docks fishing. My father passed of old age two weeks back and I've been trying to keep my spirit high. I remember him telling me once to never underestimate the pain of a person because in all honesty everyone is struggling some people are just better at hiding it than others and I've taken this to heart. before he passed father said he would have loved to explore to world with me and regrets he didn't leave the military sooner to do so. he told me he heard tons of stories about a city named Elpida on the Island of Insulera and always wished to see it one day.

I've learned from the townsfolk that there is a ship nearby that sets off to Elpida from the Mainland every few months and I've heard the journey is a hefty fee. With all the money father left me and the money ive made from woodcutting I was still short cash so my only option left was to sell the house and so I did. taking fathers ashes with me I headed for the ship. My sole reason for leaving is to make my fathers dream come true but hey if i happen to enjoy my time in Elpida I would love to settle down. I hope Elpida is as remarkable as my father told me.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Greetings!

Pretty good bio so far, however a bit more detail is required regarding your character's backstory. Let me know when you've updated it. Oh and also please provide your minecraft username aswell.

DendleBtuna likes this.
  3. DendleBtuna

Alright I have edited the Backstory and added some more detail. let me know what you think or if there is certain areas I should be adding more detail to.

4. Alir99

Perfect!

Welcome to the community :D

If you'd like to get the approved member rank on our Discord, feel free to edit your Discord username and number into your bio.

DendleBtuna likes this.
  5. DendleBtuna

You mean like edit my discord username to my characters name? If so i have now updated my bio

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Alir99 likes this.
  6. Alir99

Yeah so on our Discord, you will get the approved member rank.