So, what are we going to do now?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Zombie_Striker, Jul 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

I am going to tag everyone who has joined the server for P2, who I think may still be active, or who are staff. Please, post what you plan on doing now that the server is shutting down.

For me, I was planning on checking out this RP Server:
    I may make an update later (when I can check out the server) saying if this is a good alternative to MF.

I hope I may see some of you in the future.
    @Skullface_Skully
    @QuannTan
    @swordlord43
    @Chikato
    @Legatonin
    @Venca Luna
    @Paxton
    @Connor Sheehan
    @Waytago
    @Retiora
    @Therodas
    @FinalStarWhal
    @XDiamondGuyX
    @oOChrisOo
    @Smaltin
    @MR00GAMER
    @Beraias
    @Nyp Nyp
    @Hetrix
    @TheSleepingPanda
    @Banditofdoom
    @55blinging55
    @FloThePony
    @nidoranz
    @eraogon
    @CraftCreeper6
    @ZammyDog
    @Leviathan
    @Xalveris
    @Tomas
    @Saphiria
    @Alir99
    @MisterErwin
    @tcvs
    @hastearms
    @llyrios
    (I know I am missing a few. If you know who I am missing, please tahg them)

2. Skullface_Skully

Skullface_Skully Citizen

I'm going to try that RP server. I hope some other players will join as well.

3. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Will work on some new project. :)

4. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

*caugh*youforgotme*caugh*
    I'll probs go back to my previous servers, and play lots of BEEP :3
    Also might pick up some interesting modpacks.

5. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

I probably won't do another Minecraft project for a while.

Me and my sister have been running a private Star Wars Galaxies server for a few months now. Just the two of us. If there is interest, I'd be happy to open it up to the public. The game is free - it is also not new, so anyone can run it.

I'm not sure how much you know about the game, but MF was heavily inspired by it. So it has tons of unique features you won't find anywhere else, already implemented. It was primarily built around roleplay. I'd love to play with you guys, if you'd be willing to give it a try.

Here is a list of features I love about the game:
    • About 20 crafting professions - every item in the game is crafted. Harvesting resources is very in depth - metals have different properties, useful on different items. Finding copper with high conductivity results in great droid batteries, but poor swords.
    • You can own houses, taverns, shops. You can even own whole towns with space stations, medical centres, bazaars, NPCs.
    • You can be a medic/doctor. This lets you heal others, craft medicines, treat wounds in the field.
    • You can be a scout. You may tame creatures and even deconstruct them to DNA, making mutants - like special colored pets, mounts.
    • You can be a droid engineer, crafting battle and pet droids. You can make vehicles.
    • You can be a musician / dancer, doing concerts and performances for noble NPCs.
    • There are open world PvP battlegrounds. No instancing. You can join the Rebels or the Empire, fighting over areas in the world. You can climb the ranks and even command an army of NPCs, taking over towns. When you take over a town, your faction claims it and protects the streets.
    • You can also be a bounty hunter (I know many people were interested in assassinations). This class lets you track targets across planets and assassinating them for great profits.
    • There are dungeons, open world missions, "themeparks" which are huge dungeon chains. Many of these include iconic characters.
    Unlike MF, all of this is actually working right now on the private servers. So if we managed to get an active group of 10 or so players, we could have a lot of fun.

Retiora, eragon43 and tcvs like this.
  6. eragon43

eragon43 Known Citizen Ambassador

sounds like fun. Is this a minecraft server or a server on another game. If so, is it on steam?

7. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I am going to be taking this extra time I have and learn to program.

8. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

9. Euvrounin

Euvrounin Citizen

Thanks for doing this!
    Dont forget to create a introduction thread...

10. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

java rocks. In case you are indeed trying to learn Java it kinda sucks you just left SpigotMC, since I think the Bukkit API is a great platform to learn it on.

11. MisterErwin

MisterErwin Administrator Administrator Developer

Or you start learning with the sponge(powered) API :p

12. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

What is the benefit of a Sponge server? Last I read (which was back when Bukkit was DMCA'd), it was very much still in development.

13. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

From what I understand (very outdated info btw), Sponge is just a serverside Forge mod, so wouldn't it's API just do the same as a Forge mod, just different looking? That would actually be pretty nice since Forge is a pain in the Mineplex. (advertisement is ok now yay!)

Also, isn't Sponge supposed to implement the Bukkit API too?

From what I've heard it's Bukkit/Spigot/Forge/Spout/Glowstone/Cauldron

14. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

If I learn, it would not be to do anything related to Minecraft. I do not like video games, Minecraft is the only game I occasionally play. I have only played it this year due to MF. Since MF is gone, I am leaving. I think I am going to work on an app for XenForo forums.

15. Retiora

Retiora Retired Staff Retired Staff

Well i am also gonna try that RP server and gonna try to help that Project.
    I am also gonna be learning some coding in a few months.
    So maybe i am gonna make my own server 1 day and make some also plugins :D .
    Also i am gonna be joining the Star Wars server of Tomas.
    I hope to see some of you on the RP server and on the Star Wars server and still on the Forums :) .

-Retiora

16. eragon43

I know a very good server I will play on. Its called starquest and I think it would be very fun to play with the rest of MF. It is a minecraft 1.10 vanilla survival server. In this server you can make and fly spaceships in space, land on planets, make spacewalks, fire turrets... I think it is a very fun server and i would really like to create a crew with the rest of you. If you join this server, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE REQUIEM. If you don't join requiem you won't be able to join the faction.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  17. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

._.

18. eragon43

its all with plugins

19. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Plugins mean not vanilla.

20. eragon43