Prototype Political Parties

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Nico, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Instead of just 1 person registering to be voted for, how about a political party?! This would mean better help for the residents because a team can answer more questions and help with more problems than 1 person.
    The party would consist of 1 person who is the leader, and can do everything.

Below is his politics squad, which is divided into different ranks with different permissions too, but how about the party leader can make the ranks themselves? So they can choose the permissions of each rank/person in his party. This would probably require a lot of effort so if this makes it too hard, please ignore this part about the custom permissions and just continue :p

If someone in the party gets a higher reputation with an NPC , and talks to him about politics the parties reputation will go up for that NPC and maybe some of his NPC friends.

I just think a team of people with the same political opinion should be able to work together in an easy way to make Elpida a better place ^-^

Zombie_Striker and QuannTan like this.
  2. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

I have been thinking about this recently.

All of the managerial options for the politicians are quite separate, which means they could easily be distributed across other players. You could have one elected politician, with the option of them recruiting any number of "helpers" to manage smaller parts of the office.

Take the Trade Minister for example. They can manage taxes and the treasury, manage imports/exports of goods, and they will be able to manage NPC shops in the future. It is quite tempting to break this down into 3 separate areas.

This is something that is not currently worth it, given the size of the community. 3 elected politicians seems to be enough. As the server grows, we could implement "permissions" within politics. Perhaps around Prototype 3 or so.

QuannTan likes this.
  3. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Sound fair enough. Seeing the current list of features there is barely anything left for Prototype 3 :p

QuannTan likes this.
  4. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Oh there is still loads left! :D

Prototype 2 is the first basic implementation of the core systems. We have a lot of plans for the future.

Nico likes this.
  5. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I did something like this here. Though, if you did this, you would need to have chairmans of the party (so they can set the official "views" or polices of the party. It would be cool if players could make their own party. I might make one based on the views I posted in that thread (it would be cool since I cannot fun for a position as staff). It would still give me some role in the political world.

6. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Wait, so you actually came up with the 3 positions? o-o

7. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

No! In the linked thread it has my views/political positions.