Events & Rewards

Discussion in 'Minecraft Frontiers News and Announcements' started by Tomas, Jun 14, 2016.

1. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

Right, and you operate an underground social expierement..

Get it.. Because, he's an overseer?? :D

No..?

Okay. Ill show myself out.

Nico likes this.
  2. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

I can't wait for Prototype 2 :D

Not quite as exited about the rewards points system though, as I have very limited time to play even during the summer (because my parents limit my computer time >.<) so I will likely not be able to earn all the rewards even though I would be able to if I had the time. Sadly, I'm screwed over for trying to get in the top 3 for a statue though. Maybe add bonus points for those who participated in Prototype 1?

Could somebody give an estimate for about how much time it would take to complete various point-rewarding activities so I can get a rough estimate of how many I will be able to earn?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

That shouldn't have an impact on you achieving a lot of points. You will get 400 points just for logging in at the server launch. There will be 4 events a month, 2 major and 2 minor, giving you an extra 600 points. This means that during the first month you will gain 1000 points just for participating in the launch and events.

I don't think we are planning on putting bonus points for Prototype 1, as the points system will have started in Prototype 2 and that would make it confusing.

Also regarding the statue, I think it is participation on the server and forum, right @Tomas, or is it just for one?

4. QuannTan

I see you are going for the statue as well @Xalveris ! :)

Best of luck! >:)

Nico likes this.
  5. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

The Major events take between 1-2 hours. Those are a great source of points.
    The Minor events can take a lot less. If you stop by the tavern for 20 minutes (during the event), you'll be eligible for the point reward. If you participate in those regularly, you'll be getting points in no time.

The Mastercrafter points and the Legendary beast points will be difficult to obtain. Compared to events, you'll likely need to invest a lot more time to get those.

All in all, I think most players will easily reach 1000 points - all they have to do is attend the launch and 2 events. If you attend events on a fairly regular basis, you'll be able to get 2000 quite easily as well.
    3000 and the statues are meant for the most active players - something along the lines of Prototype 1 @Leviathan.

Currently, these are for server participation only. Forum participation statues may be announced at a later stage.

Alir99 likes this.
  6. QuannTan

*Gives a thumbs up from the back*

Nico likes this.
  7. Alir99

There we go. Thanks for clearing it up.

8. Leviathan

Leviathan Citizen

Thanks for Mentioning my name Tomas, seeing all these reward points and the benefits, I'm internally screaming inside, I shall aim for top 3 :'). Regarding the wall poster, will it be an in-game or real life poster?
    Also any idea when Prototype 2 will be up?
    I'm still waiting to lose my soul once more xD

P.S. can someone PM me on here once the date has been confirmed? so I can receive the email notification in case I forget to check the forums on the date.

9. Leviathan

Leviathan Citizen

SORRY for the double post but I just realised the Prototype 1 badge on the side :')

10. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

An email will be sent out to all Prototype Access members. We are aiming to give a 1 week warning for the release. We have a date in mind, but will not know till we have a proper release candidate ready.

Leviathan likes this.
  11. Leviathan

Leviathan Citizen

Oooh okay :D thanks, I really cant wait

12. Alir99

Do you mean the wallpaper?

13. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

The one mentioned in these rewards is a computer image, you can use as a computer wallpaper.

I've been looking into physical merchandise, that is definitely something I'd love to do. We have those planned internally (there is a big internal sheet with all the possible future rewards). We hope to make merchandise packages eventually. The biggest issue with those is shipping costs currently. If I have to pay 40$ to ship a small package to the US, then it's not really plausible.

I think I am missing something, because whenever I order stuff from the US, I pay much less to have it shipped to me. Perhaps the big companies have better prices than me walking to a post office.

If anyone figures out a way to ship stuff to the US for a reasonable price, physical items will be worth considering as rewards.

14. Leviathan

Leviathan Citizen

ooops yes I did but I guess I had a brain fart.

I'd totally buy physical merchandise tbh, I love the server so I'd definitely buy it. Awwh damn I hope there is a way to get cheaper shipping prices. But maybe instead of shipping it from England to U.S you can make some merchandise in the U.S and then post it to whichever town is needed.