Old Prototype Information Document

Discussion in 'General' started by Xalveris, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  2. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

I have made it private, but this is so I can share it with you guys specifically so you can edit it.
    Please comment here, message me, or request access directly through google docs so I can add you.
    This is so non-beta testers do not have access and cannot unnecessarily comment or edit, and so you guys can add stuff yourselves. Please make sure to log your changes in the Changelog tab.

Savster, I have already copied your changes in at the time of posting this.

3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Requested and granted access. I will transfer my logs to it.

4. Savster

Savster Citizen

5. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

6. KingCorbo

KingCorbo Verified Traveler

7. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

You have all been granted access! Savster, I did not receive an access request from you, but I added you manually so it should be fine.

8. Alir99

Thanks Xalveris. I appreciate it :)

9. Savster

Savster Citizen

Thank you.

10. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Bumping for new members and confirming that "Yildri Dijkstra", who requested access, is a community member?

11. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Yeah, that was me. I'm not even accept yet, but I hope to be soon and thought this might be of good use =3
    I should have been more clear on that I was from here, sorry for that, though ._.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  12. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Your bio looks like it'll pass, so I'll go ahead and add you now :)

13. dieuraskel

dieuraskel Verified Traveler

14. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Added. Would have done sooner, but the first request I just saw the 'Robert V' and didn't notice the actual email address was warriorfishguy. Sorry about that!

dieuraskel likes this.
  15. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Lots of new recipes coming in Prototype 2!
    I will probably make a dedicated thread about it. But we took all of the Prototype 1 feedback to heart.

I'm always excited to support the crafters on MF.
    A brief list of the additions:
    • Blacksmithing now has weapons with damage types. You'll be able to craft weapons against specific enemies.
    • Cooking has a lot more recipes. Now uses the new flavour system.
    • Jewellery making has more personalisation options on the products.
    • Now added Tailoring - crafting various armour types. Quite different to Blacksmithing in the way recipes work.
    • Each crafting discipline has a range of recipe difficulties - the easiest recipes will be made completely public, normal recipes (large majority) will have released ingredient lists, Mastercrafted recipes will be completely hidden.
    • We now have a plugin that calculates item values - this means all the recipes are properly balanced.
    • Elpida has NPC shops. You'll be able to trade most of your finished items with NPCs.
    • Combat has recieved tons of updates, meaning dungeon bosses drop rare crafting components. Hunting is now a thing too.

dieuraskel and Alir99 like this.
  16. dieuraskel

dieuraskel Verified Traveler

Will Hunting plan to lead into things such as Trapping/Taming in the future, or has that not been decided yet?

17. Alir99

There is already a shop in Elpida that deals with tamed animals. @Tomas can expand on this.

dieuraskel likes this.
  18. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Definitely. Though it is further away.

With the release of Prototype 2, you'll see different animal types wandering around the island. They will have different combat tactics and will drop different crafting components.

Very shortly after, we will add hunting trophies - those are obtained by killing "Alpha" versions of normal animals. You'll be able to trade those in at the hunter's guild for various items and reputation.

Pets and followers will come towards the end of Prototype 2. As those will use our NPC plugin, you'll be able to interact with your pet in a range of ways, much more so that what you see from pets in other games. These will likely be purchased from the taming shop, until we add taming in.

Prototype 3 (this is still quite far) is planned to add NPC lifestyles. This will likely include animal lifestyles as well. Animals in the wild will travel the land, hunt each other, breed, explore and create homes. Players will be able to observe those patterns and hunt them systematically. This was our very initial goal, but it requires a substantial amount of coding and supportive plugins.

Trapping is a really good suggestion, one that we haven't considered. It would work great with our animal plans in the future. If players are able to exploit animal behaviour patterns, it only make sense to use traps in that case.

dieuraskel likes this.
  19. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Another request from "davids dylan" (dylanheeftgeenemail@gmail.com)
    Please confirm that you are a community member and I will add you!

Again, if you request access, please post on this thread or message me so I know you aren't just some random person who wants to troll / mess it up / etc.

Edit: Had the brilliant idea of making backup copies in case someone DOES decide to mess it up (though why I didn't think of this sooner I have no idea...)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  20. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

Mr. @Xalveris I requested access under the email beginning with Quin :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.