Intro Hello!

Discussion in 'Intros and Outros' started by Oceanus, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Oceanus

Oceanus Verified Traveler

Hello everyone, I'm Oceanus!

I feel I should start with saying how much I love the concept of this project, and I really look forward to watching it grow and cultivate.

Now, I should probably also give you some information on myself, since I've read through a few of these about all of you, and I've been trawling through the wiki all morning- so it is, of course, only right you now learn something of me.

My real name is Alex, I hail from England and have been roleplaying for the last three years of my life. I've done roleplay on many different mediums, forum boards, minecraft servers, websites, in real life, etc etc. I have to say, my favorite aspect of roleplay is the gritty lore behind a character. It brings me a real sense of joy to create a characters family heritage, and how all of the things in their life have affected who they are today. I especially like adding in little bits of information that make a character flawed; because flawed characters are of course the best.

I'm particularly fond of writing, and have studied English Language and Linguistics at university, so I think that's where I get my love of roleplay and background writing from- because I just love words (although I'm not as fond of writing when its for my dissertation that has to be in the next day.)

Anywho, I can't think of anything else to add, but if you have any questions about me that would be great!

I hope I get accepted, and I look forward to getting to know you all!

2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Hi Alex. Thank you for your interest in Frontiers!
    Nice to see another person from England. Our server, which I hope you'll enjoy, is heavily based on role play, so you'll definitely feel right at home. If you have any questions, I'm sure me or one of the staff can any queries you may have.
    Good luck and hopefully we'll see you in Elpida.

3. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Welcome!

It is great to see another passionate roleplayer join the project. The community is shaping up nicely - you're definitely in for several interesting stories.

The goal of MF is to create different roleplay settings players can explore. There are the traditional taverns, where bards tell their stories. Close to that is the political gameplay; this allows players to try control towns and property. We will soon be adding dungeon crawling - I'm quite excited about that one. Who wouldn't like a good dungeon adventure.

Recently, I've been implementing the reputation system. Whenever you perform actions in the world, certain groups of NPCs will agree or disagree. Similarly, when you engage in a dialogue, they will prefer you say certain things over others. The hope there is to give your roleplay some very direct impact, changing the way the world responds back.

We have been also hard at work on our story arcs. These will be substantial pieces of story, delivered through scheduled events. Players will be able to live out the most epic tales that way. As these are created in great detail by our writers, the story arcs will go beyond the reputation system in terms of impact. The way players tackle the events will influence the outcome a fair bit, in turn changing the world in the future.

I hope you'll enjoy taking part in all of this, as much as we enjoy putting it together!

4. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Welcome to min
    Welcome!

I love every new addition to our wonderful community. It may be small now, but it is growing fast! I hope you love Minecraft Frontiers as much as I do. I wanted to let you know that if you need anything, just ask. I also wanted to tell you that a staff member will go over your biography soon and tell you the change needed to be accepted or that it is perfect and you are accepted.

Cheers,
    Saphiria