Prototype Lives.

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Saphiria, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Hey-o,
    Currently the penalty for death is you lose a percentage of your money. Soon you will be adding different death penalties and mechanics. I know the goal is to discourage death, but how are we supposed to stay alive without the proper tools (armor, swords, potions, etc). Yes, I know, eventually, but still, it will be fairly easy to die (especially with the wolves having such a large attack range). So why not give us an extra row of lives. Maybe not a full row, maybe just half of one. It just seems pretty easy to die right now, I mean, it shouldn't be impossible, but it also should be this easy.

Really, I am just suggesting a re-work of the lives, hunger, drowning mechanic. I think if you did a custom setting for them all and have it all intertwine together it you could create a very nice system.

Thanks,

2. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

The NPC damage is currently not balanced out at all. We will be doing a thorough balancing pass after we add the stats plugin. The plugin will allow us to collect all the data on combat.

I personally think sticking with the default number of hearts is for the best - it is very intuitive. You have a bar of hearts and when you lose it, you are dead.

Instead of giving players more hearts, we can simply reduce the damage on the NPCs. If the wolves are too difficult (this will need more testing), we can make them do 50% of their damage. That would make them a lot less of a threat. That said, combat should be difficult. If you are walking through the wilderness with poor equipment, you definitely should be expected to die.

We will be adding more weapons soon - and hopefully armor at some stage, which will make the journey more manageable.

3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Sounds good!

Wolves are not hard. (Well, they are). Its not the damage necessarily. Yes, they do 3-4 hearts, but they hit from far away. I can't get close and hit thought getting hit myself. They have a large attack range.