What items would you like to see next?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tomas, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Hmm... I dunno if this is possible, but maybe have a npc dressed as a doctor or nurse teleport to you at your bed when you die?

2. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

That would most likely cause major lagg. Maybe just have a message that said "The hospital transported you to your home... blah blah blah"...

Alir99 likes this.
  3. Alir99

That seems simple and doable yeah.

4. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Some very interesting ideas.

In terms of setting custom respawns, it is not something we are currently considering. That is for gameplay reasons. The towns will soon have the option of building more hospitals, meaning it will be up to the town to make it convenient for the players.

Hospital npcs are a great idea, something that will hopefully happen as npcs get smarter.

Alir99 likes this.
  5. Saphiria

What about the ability to make a bank in the mining village?

6. Tomas

Very interesting. You'll definitely be able to set up a hospital there - I know that is something that bothers people currently.

The bank is something that hasn't occurred to me. I'll have to think about it. Really depends on what the effect would be. Why are you personally thinking about it? What benefits would it give to the players?

7. Alir99

Well for me it would be more convenient if you want to deposit or withdraw money faster. Since the mining village will be very important for business and actions(mining,crafting,smelting), it would just be more accessible to everyone, specially those who would live in the mining village. But that's just my opinion.

8. Tomas

Brilliant ideas.

Books are definitely planned. They actually were working a year ago, but were left behind as we improved other systems. They will be revisited soon. :)

Selling recipes sounds interesting. It could definitely be one of the ways to learn a recipe. It feels very doable for the basic items. For the more advanced ones, I'd say it would be too easy of a method.

Sleeping in beds is a great idea. Were you thinking for it to be a purely cosmetic thing?

Lighthouse is great. The docks area is one of the least visually impressive in my opinion, so a lighthouse could definitely give it a nice touch.

Fast travel I am unsure about. I see transporting goods between places a job of its own. We have also deliberately divided crafting areas between the two towns, so that you have to make a trip. It may feel a little barren, but the trips might get interesting as we add more encounters.

Billboards were discussed a while back. It is something that is on the long term plan. These could also include leaderboards in the arena, or information in the political offices.

9. Alir99

This is not really an item, but what if we had like team battles in the arena, or even like gladiator battles, and the winner would get like a small prize or something? This could happen on a specific day.

10. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Off on the tangent of more weapons and other tools, could we possibly have shovels as spears and hoes as scythes? Shovel-spears would have more reach and less damage, and easier to use on horseback (if there will be horses), and hoe-scythes could do some area damage and/or harvest multiple wheat at once from a field.

I would also like to see armor added soon, along with more enemies.

For "fast travel" could we still have horses/mules/donkeys? Maybe for boats there could be an expansion later where there is a secondary island a little bit away that would have a better mine and more dungeons or something.

For more advanced recipes, NPCs could sell recipes for the parts, which you would need to get separately, and/or for the final product you could buy, say, 3 spots of the crafting table?

Example: for the 'spots' of a crafting table, you could pay for an npc to reveal 3 slots, such as for a wooden pickaxe, the npc could reveal these 3 slots:
    [- P -] P = revealed to be a Wood Pick
    [OH -] H = revealed to be a Cheap Handle
    [- - -] O = revealed to be empty
    - = not revealed

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  11. Saphiria

Oh yes, stats in the arena. I keep forgetting to ask about that.

Arena

Interesting...

12. Savster

Savster Citizen

You can spawn at the bed but not with full health. If you want to be healed you can pay a price to be healed. The hospital can heal for free, whilst taverns, inns, etc, have a fee. Also you can choose where to spawn, at your latest bed or the hospital. Maybe your house can have a healing station that can be used once in a while; have a certain number of uses until it needs to be renewed (pay for renewal). You don't have to pay for your bed in your house; but requires maintenance/cleaning every 7-10 uses, maybe.

13. Saphiria

But, you should only have a bed if you own a plot home.

14. Zhalo Aurn

Zhalo Aurn Citizen Retired Staff

I know this thread is a little old but i have a few things that i would like added to the server:
    1. Bows
    2. Fishing Rods
    3. Dagger (Recipe)
    4. Servants
    5. Hunting

15. Isaiha

Isaiha Builder Builder

As far as crafting professions I'm sure it's common in other games but Alchemy and Enchanting are two popular ones.

But I just thought of a pretty brilliant idea (i think) as far as a crafting profession that is completely unique I think and never heard of in a game. The idea is to have a crafting profession in making official documents like:
    -Parsels
    -Official Documents
    -Land Titles
    -Certificates
    -Awards
    -Political Titles
    -Requisitions
    -Reports
    etc.

This crafting profession could be called: "Calligraphy" or an "Archivist" if it's in the first/third person or something like "Stamper" or "Stamping" it depends what form of language you use. But I think it would be cool that they craft books and papers with specific types of things needed by almost all players in order to do certain things or obtain certain things.

You can have certain "levels" of each category and level 1 Requisition document can only be used for really low end stuff or you need a Level 2 Parsel to deliver to an adjacent town and a Level 3 Parcel to Deliver to a different Region, so on so forth.

You can have it where Certificates are given for a player in blacksmithing or whatever to craft special items, or more powerful armors and weapons. Like sure you get the standard recipes but getting a certificate unlocks stronger/better recipes. Perhaps Political Titles are required in order to signify an official nomination for political office. Land Titles could be used For Plots! And so on.....

You can think of alot of things this profession / trade can do

16. Saphiria

It's brilliant! I love it! That would be a cool addition for a major update.

I had another idea, what about custom potion and enchantment recipes?