Approved Who is ThornRage?

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by ThornRage, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ThornRage

ThornRage Verified Traveler

ThornRage is not my first name. It is the name I was given by those who trusted me. Thorn coming from the rose bush. Beautiful yet dangerous. Those who saved me and trusted me said I had a beautiful heart yet I was a dangerous soul. Rage coming from the innner violence I push away each day. Those who sheltered me and trusted me said I would forever be damned by Ignarus for what I did. Ignarus would always tempt me to openly defy him so that He could make an example of me. Only my faith in Phaedron saved me and continues to hide me away from Ignarus.

I was once known as Malakhan. Prince of Lexia. My father was a wealthy tradesman in Patraeia and owned the large estate of Lexia. When I was young it was said I would inherit my father's prosperous business and land. My father followed Metus but I found Metus to be boring. As I helped the workers clean the fields with my favorite scythe, I learned about a new god, Phaedron. I studied texts given to me and soon I accepted my new god's call. I stole. I became a master thief and I brought along some friends who helped me to steal. My only victim was my own father. He demanded so much of me, he wanted me to be his heir to his empire. I ruined my father's business and because of that I ruined Lexia. My father had to sell his land and one day headed to the nearest mining camp and went down deep into the mines. It was later confirmed that he jumped into a pool of lava and ended his own life.

I cursed Phaedron and cast down my scythe from the edge of a mountain but it was revealed to me in a dream that it was I who was cursed. I had refused to accept Phaedron's full blessing because I had only stole. I had not killed. And so the name Malakhan no longer was associated with wealth. My name became the name of death. I had a new scythe made and it was made out of the hardest diamond in the land. I named it "Soulless" as that is how I felt. I was sought after by the authorities and by those who wished to use my service. I did not matter who I killed. I was so depressed because I knew I had ultimately sent my father to his death that I didn't care who was my next target. Because of this, I became quite wealthy.

Then one night as I counted my gold, I heard a noise. Thieves had come to steal. How dare Phaedron do this to me. But no, it was not only thieves, there were assassins as well. It was revealed to me that Ingarus was furious at me because I had killed three generals of the Mainland Army. It was not personal for me, but for Ignarus it was personal. I fought off as many as I could but ultimately I fell and my life was forfeit.

When I opened my eyes, I expected to see the place of the damned. I expected my soul to be tortured for all the wrong I had done. Instead I found a refuge. I had not died by the hand of assassins, though they definitely tried. Instead I remained alive and was found by one who had been watching me. I was now in a secluded area of Patraeia. An area where those who defied the gods and preached a new faith. They believed in the gods but refused to be ruled by them. They taught me this and gave me the new name; ThornRage. They taught me self-forgiveness. However, I remained a servant of Phaedron. I needed His shadow to remain hidden from those who sought me.

I refuse to give the name of those who trusted me. I will forever protect them from anyone who may dare to find them.

Once my wounds completely healed, those who trusted me returned to my "Soulless" and gave me enough coin to purchase a ride to a new land. A land where I could start fresh. I convinced them that I no longer
    followed Phaedron and for that lie I do feel sorrow. However, in a way it is true. I no longer follow the path of thieves or assassins. Instead, Phaedron gives me His shadow to hide me. So now I have arrived at Elpida with the hope for redemption. I no longer wish to steal or kill. I only wish to survive. I have been told that Elpida is a land of hope but that dangers are very common. I will be vigilant against the beasts and the undead I was told about. I will be a man of honor and I will seek hope and redemption.

2. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I am not 100% positive, but I think nobody has replied because you need to use the proper format. I suggest you check here and here for guides on the correct layout. It is really nice to have a fellow Phaedron follower.

3. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Oh gosh, my bad. I saw this when it first came around and I completely forgot to give it some love. Welcome to MF by the way... if not a little late. And have fun cutting down people
    with a farming tool! (preferably not the good ones... especially me. >.>)

4. Saphiria

I hope we didn't scare him away by not replying. I saw the zero and felt so bad.

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 10.13.39 PM.png

5. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

I would say it has been missed as it has no formatting like @Saphiria Veneficia said. People just saw it as a wall of text.

6. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Oh gosh, 24 days? ThornRage noooo come baaaaack! By the way I notice you've put edited pictures in some of your posts like the circles and stuff. Also your signature, what're using for that, Photoshop?

7. Saphiria

I use the Pre-Installed photo editor for Mac. It's really basic, and allows cropping, text, and drawing on photos. As for my signature, (I assume you mean the one I am currently using), I used that same program on Mac.

8. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Ugh, see I've used Windows all my life, more so out of happenstance than much of a choice, and I've always been jealous of all these pre-installed programs for creative people on Mac systems. There's that music creator, a good video editor, well, you use it, so you know. I've always had to scrounge around for reliable replacements, such as how I use https://krita.org/ for drawing and editing. I used LMMS for awhile as an alternative to the Mac thing (can't remember the name!), and have to settle with crappy Windows Movie Maker. Oh.. and virus protection. e.o Wait there's a thread for this. xD

9. Saphiria

Yes, let's get this thread back on topic, and discuss this elsewhere.

10. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

The story is amazing. Well written, clearly following the server's lore.

Apologies for not getting to you earlier. :)

11. ThornRage

So yeah, I wonder. Is this place still alive?

12. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

The team is slowly working on 1.2, but we have been quite busy with our personal lives. We're mainly active on Discord.

13. ThornRage

ok Thank you