Saphiria's Political Positions

Discussion in 'Custom Lore' started by Saphiria, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

In this thread I will be listing my personal positions when it comes to the controversial issues in Elpida. All topics addressed in this thread are of my opinion and my opinion only. If you disagree with my personal opinions, please point that out below and try to sway me into thinking your way.

Bandits/Crime
    My view on Bandits is very simple. I see no need in violence, so we will be very human about this. I will be making personal trips to them to strengthen our relationships with them. I will also make it clear to them the consequences of misbehaving. I do not tolerate dangers to Elpida. If a single one of their men make an attack on one of my people or my town I will have them killed. The reason I don't want to eliminate all bandits, is because they are a very important part of a very delicate ecosystem. If I kill all the bandits then there will be an overpopulation of wolves and other nuisances, and if there is a overpopulation in wolves they will start coming closer and closer to our town, and will drive fear into the minds of out children and women.

Immigration

My view on immigration is quite different from others views. I believe that everyone should be welcome to Elpida, not just the rich and famous. This is partially because of the life I was born too. I grew up as more of a rebel than most, and I think my own life is proof that people can change. While some think there should be a screening process and background check, I think that everyone should be aloud to Elpia, as long as they are looking for a fresh start.

Economy
    (To be written)

Drugs
    Lilac... (To be continued)

Environment

While I value the importance of keeping the environment clean, I do at the same time thing we should utilize the resources we have. If we cut down trees, we need to plant more trees in their place. I built the coal mine, and I will make sure that our miners keep the area clean. If we harvest our crops, we will replant. I will not let the island go to waste, but at the same time, I will use the resources.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. Saphiria

I have edited my positions. I will be editing this post every time I change, add, or remove my political positions so that you have full records on me. So check back here for a full log of my edits.
    • December 1, 2015 8:20 PM - Initial post
    • December 1, 2015 8:25 PM - Added position on bandits/crime
    • December 1, 2015 8:32 PM - Created placeholders for the economy, drugs, immigration and the environment
    • December 1, 2015 9:17 PM - Started immigration position

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Oh so I can physically explore this? Heck yeah! Time to find a torch.

4. Saphiria

Yes, yes you can. You know that would be a great feature for 1.9, allow the player to hold a torch in one hand and a sword in another and have the torch emit light. Hey, we could maybe go exploring together once the server opens.

5. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

I've used mods with the torch mechanic you're talking about and I LOVE it. It's something I think a decent amount of people have been suggesting for awhile so if that could be added soon it would make me one happy little miner. But there are things to consider like the lag it might cause and how it would affect mob spawns, but I imagine it wouldn't be too much hassle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  6. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

The mod is really only client side. For example, if you have shaders installed you usually get the effect of light without effecting the environment. Also our spawning system is not affected by light.

7. Saphiria

So if its only client side, is it possible for you to add this via plugin or through a updated Conquest (noob question)? I hope its worth the wait, my whole character is build around it. But, as always, you guys never stop surprising me.

8. tcvs

You could add this to your own client and should still get the effect of light. Other players will no see it nor will the server take it into calculation.

9. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Wait.. All along I could...
    Huh, I feel dumb. Time to reinstall a mod or two, thanks tcvs!

10. Saphiria

That's how I felt. Though, I don't want to get kicked by the server for mods. (If we have NoChestsPlus or something).

11. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

I won't be even considering tainting the server with such modifiers as... well mods. I just think it'll be cool to run around with a working torch on a survival world or two and then store it back into the mincraftian fantasies section of my brain.

12. tcvs

@Saphiria Veneficia @jamestiger The mod has built in multiplayer support where the server can force it to disable. Just by putting stuff in the server properties. So not all servers work.

13. Saphiria

New Edits:
    • December 2, 2015 4:47 PM - Finished immigration position
    • December 2, 2015 4:50 PM - Starting drug position
    Alright. I will be sure to try out that mod, thanks for pointing it out to me!

Anyone have some ideas on other issues I can right on, I know the server hasn't opened, but I need something to keep me busy...

14. Saphiria

Hello, today marks the first day of voting! If you are interested in having me as your Prefect (this time, I may run for another form of office later), please do the following command in game:
    Code:
    /vote Saphiria Prefect
    It means a lot to me, and thanks to everyone who choses me as your Prefect. I will not let you down, and I hope to be Elpida's first Prefect. If anyone wants to know my political positions on other various things, please reply below!

Cheers,
    Saphiria

15. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

16. Saphiria

Thanks! <3 I hope to keep it also!

Zhalo Aurn likes this.
  17. Zhalo Aurn

Zhalo Aurn Citizen Retired Staff

I sure am glad that I voted for you Saph! I support you fully consider me your #1 fan

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  18. Saphiria

Still looking for more political positions I can add.

19. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Maybe like an assistant that is more connected to the people than you. People pass on their opinions to him, he considers it, then if it's good, passes it on to you. This would make sure that you focus on the most important things only, while he can deal with the less important ones. He would also deal with people's feedbacks and complaints, and answer the basic questions.

20. Saphiria

This thread is now closed due to me joining the team. I personally like the idea of the players winning elections, not the staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.