Request for slight postponing of beta (PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Xalveris, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

I feel kinda bad for asking this everyone at MF, and I realize it does seem selfish, but would it be possible to push the beta back a few hours or maybe another day if necessary? I know the beta has already been pushed back a day so it is not in the middle of exams, and I am grateful for that, but the world just doesn't seem to want to let me play this right at the release; The PG&E in my area is shutting off the power for 3 hours at 12:00 on Saturday, right when the beta opens, so again I won't be able to play for 2 hours or watch the livestream. As said in another post of mine, I was also planning on recording a video at the opening of beta, so please at least consider my request.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Making it a few hours later effects the Europian folks, and making it earlier effects the North (and south) American folks... I don't think you will miss anything that you couldn't record a few hours later. But, this isn't my decision.

3. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

That's a bummer. Theres not many things that make me mad, but a power outage is one of them.

As Saphiria hinted, we can't really move the launch. The stream starts at 8 or 9 PM for those in Europe, meaning the server opens at 9 or 10. This is already quite late. Because we have people in both timezones (the staff is actually something like 50:50), we don't get much choice in terms of time for our events. You can expect most of our future events to also happen on Saturdays, the same time.

The whole stream will be recorded though, so you are more than welcome to watch it later. You can also run your own stream when power is back on - in many ways it might be better. The server might be more stable a couple hours after launch. I have been working on NPC dialogues the last couple of days, so you will have plenty to explore either way. :)

4. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

The world just doesn't want me to be there right at the release of anything haha. It's fine, I know there's nothing you can do about it, but it's still kind of disappointing. This isn't the first time I can't be right at the release of something I like.

5. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

You might not be the only one to miss it... sort of forgot my laptop charger at school... I have 19 minutes left.. tell my mother I love her.
    Actually I can borrow her laptop charger, Yeah!
    Anyway, if I were you, I'd be punching something.

6. Saphiria

I just realized, I bought tickets for Star Wars on Saturday... *facepalm* I will rush home to make it right before release. I might catch the end of the livestream.

7. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

Saaadly - same boat, starwars might screw me over here ;-;

Saphiria likes this.
  8. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Oh. Wow. Dungoofed. Didn't even make plans for that, maybe I'll go Sunday.

9. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Just got home from Star Wars. Really enjoyed it!

10. Zhalo Aurn

Zhalo Aurn Citizen Retired Staff

Wow. same here. I'll be rushing home too witness the BETA opening

11. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Everything will be recorded. So don't feel too bummed if you can't make it!

12. Saphiria

I'm leaving now to go see it.

13. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

I'm unfortunately leaving in like 2 hours xD I'll probably run over by like 3 hours :'(