Prototype plug.dj?

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by GiantLion11, Jun 1, 2016.

1. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

I'm really unsure if this goes against the server's policy about websites unaffiliated with the server, but I decided it would be a cool idea.

There's this website called plug.dj and it's basically a free site where anyone can set up a chat-room like area and they can play music for each other. It's free, and whomever starts the room gets to set who the moderators are, who the admins are, etc. The site streams the music straight from public sites like Youtube and Soundcloud, and (in theory) every gets a turn to play their own songs. I thought it'd be a fun idea just to try to make the community feel a bit more friendly, and let people talk in a medium other than the forums during times when the server is down, all while listening to music picked from different parts of the internet.

Just a thought. It's easy, and free to set up. The hardest part would be getting all the staff members to make an account and adding them as admins or mods to the community's room, then obviously making a thread telling people about it. You guys should look into it.

2. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

I will let @Saphiria or @Alir99 handle this one. They are usually the ones bringing new stuff into the community. No promises on adding an official one, but we will see.

For phase 2 we also have our own web player for the in-game. So we will see what happens with that as well.

3. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

We have shied away from additional chat platforms in the past, as we did not want to fracture the community.

Our main focus is to get everyone using the forums as much as possible. Websites like plug.dj don't contribute to that goal much. I do not have a better answer for you currently. :D

4. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Yeah, like mentioned above we are trying to make players be on the forum and server as much as possible. By increasing the different sites, it will spread people out a lot meaning that players will be less on the same site together. So for example you might have 5 people on one site, 6 on another and 2 on the forum, whereas it would've been all 13 on the forum, communicating together.

However we are not in charge of what sites you and your friends personally go on, so if you have a couple friends on Frontiers and you want to talk together, feel free to use that site to communicate. Just know that it won't be something that we will be officially supporting and setting up.

Best of luck in whatever you do though!

5. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

So, I think this is a wonderful site, I use it myself, but with our new music player, I do not think it will be needed. If you want to chat and have music, just go to the website, turn your sound up, join the server and go to the forums, and chat!

Additionally, like @Alir99 said, if you want to do it, we can't stop you! You can create a thread for all I care (I would probably join it), but the only catch is that we would not officially endorse it ourselves.