Minecraft 1.9: Hyped or Gutted?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by Saphiria, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Hey,
    Minecraft 1.9 has been out for quite some time now, and I wanted to hear what the community had to say about it? On Minecraft Frontiers the new PvP system won't effect us much, as we already had a plugin doing it! I just want to know what you like and dislike about it or anything else you want to share.

Cheers,
    Saphiria

2. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

i kinda dislike 1.9 as it doesn't have any 'vanilla' minecraft any more with all these sheild and skulker and more harder ender dragon but i think if people get used to it i think we will consider it 'vanilla',well i think shulker is very cool but i hate it idk why maybe its not 'vanilla'?

3. llyrios

llyrios Retired Staff Retired Staff

I like it, the new blocks are nice and since conquest 1.9 is sorta out its good for me as a builder with the new blocks

4. Saphiria

So, you don't like the new PvP system?

Yes, I love the new blocks. There is just one problem, when he makes the official Conquest 1.9, the textures will probably change.

5. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

I actually like it a lot. The 2 handed option, the new blocks, the Elytra, different arrows. I feel like they've done a really good job at giving us a variety of new things to try out. For example now, with the harder mobs such as the skeletons and ender dragon, it is more than just a building game with occasional pvp. It's becoming more like the game it should be, a survival game.

6. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

In my opinion, it's cool that the Minecraft Team is kind of going off in different directions concerning mobs models and combat systems. It shows they're recognizing a "silent majority" so to speak of the people who enjoy hardcore combat, PvP, and survival.

That being said, I can't favor the new update. Shields and Elytra are fun, and dual wielding has been expected for a while now, but I feel like they made the mobs just a bit too difficult for my pansy playing style. I favor the building/crafting/sandbox elements a bit more in Minecraft, and I guess it's kinda expected of me to be a bit unimpressed at a combat overhaul. I do, however, like the new purpur (or however it's spelled) blocks and the new option to have a void in the superflat maps.

What're your guys' opinions?

7. Saphiria

One thing I dislike is the amount if time it took for them to release this. I thought it would be faster paced since they were owned by Microsoft now, guess not. They said it would be release on a certain date, they then postponed it, they then postponed it again. I get they want to be bug free, but this just took a little too long in my opinion.

8. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

That's true that this update was a bit longer than the others, it took about 6 months for them to finally get through 1.8. However, I don't think Microsoft now owning Minecraft would make a difference because I'm pretty sure they kept the development team the same size to keep the "Indie" feel.

9. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

@Saphiria @GiantLion11 Ever since Dinnerbone stopped doing development for Minecraft. The speed of the snapshots and releases really slowed down.

10. Alir99

If you named your pet Dinnerbone something happened to it right? I think it was the wolf. It would be upside down forever.

11. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

@Alir99 Any mob and it will turn upside down.

12. Alir99

Ahhh yeah.
    It's all coming back now.

13. Saphiria

If you named a sheep "Jeb_" it turns rainbow.

I didn't realize he stopped. That's too bad.

14. Alir99

Ahhh yeah. How did I forget that? That was the best. :)