Kingdom Hearts III Hype!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PepsiKnight, Jul 11, 2015.

1. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

Hello! :D
    Just thought I'd bask in the glory that is Kingdom hearts III with anyone else who would be willing to soak in its magnificence with me!
    So I'm just curious, is anyone else here as hyped for the game's release as I am, and do you think that it will equal or even beat Kingdom Hearts II?
    Feel free to comment on the game or anything else as you see fit xD I'm just here to watch and reply! :)

Go Kingdom Hearts nostalgia!
    -PepsiKnight

2. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

I'm super excited. Don't know if I'll be able to get it, but really freakin' excited all the same! Game sequels have a way higher chance of being better than prior games as compared to movies, but for Kingdom Hearts, it'll be really difficult to match up to II imo!

3. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

As long as there's a moment completely dedicated to Roxas in KH III I'm good :)

4. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

The whole KH franchise went past me. What is the gameplay like? Does it have turn based combat much like Final Fantasy?

5. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

Well, whilst the story and characters are extremely Final Fantasy-esque, the game-play itself is very different and alien to the whole Final Fantasy series :)
    Whereas in Final Fantasy you would have enough time to calculate and plan out your actions, whilst knowing when everyone will have their turn or when the enemy will move, in Kingdom Hearts it's more of an action-based 'Hack 'n Slash' type of game, with its own unique twists such as abilities you can activate and deactivate which in turn change your fighting styles and combo hits, and give you an extra flourish in combat.
    However, the iconic spells and magic moves are still in Kingdom hearts, like the 'Cure, Cura, Curaga' or 'Fire, Fira and Firaga', but like I mentioned before, since the game-play isn't frozen or turn-based, and is more like a Hack 'n Slash game, you would use your spells in an active time-based fight.

So, the game-play is very different to the Final Fantasy franchise, but it isn't the common-place Hack 'n Slash you'll see in a lot of games, and is unique to itself. I completely recommend watching some of the gameplay on youtube and seeing how the game works, and it's an experience which should not be missed, so I also recommend playing the game xD

As for the story, since it was made by Square Enix in their prime (before they started to go crap), it's an amazing and unbelievable story that motivated me to play most of the Final Fantasy games and read a lot of lore, and it's a bit more childish and immature than the Final Fantasy settings, but it still has its dark and serious moments which set you on edge.

I think Kingdom Hearts 1.5 is rather cheap right now, and you could probably get away with getting it for a mere $6 or so on amazon or ebay, and that's with the game including two of the games in the Kingdom Hearts series along with a whole movie based on the cut-scenes and major events in another key game.
    Kingdom Hearts 2.5 should also be rather cheap right now, but probably more expensive, and includes three of the games in the Kingdom Hearts series, one of which was exclusive to the PSP.

Overall, please play the game :( You won't regret it! :)

6. Retiora

Retiora Retired Staff Retired Staff

lol what is Kingdom hearts XDD

7. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

Ehhh xD Well let's just say if I try to explain it, it WILL NOT sound good, but it honestly is :)

I'll just assume that you know what Final Fantasy and who Square Enix are, if not, then they're just a company who makes Japanese RPG's, Final Fantasy being the main series and chain of games which they're infamous for.
    Kingdom Hearts is in essence the characters, story, music and every day features of Final Fantasy, mixed with the more childish themes of Disney.
    Thus, you'd find characters from Final Fantasy and from Disney converging into different worlds in the game, and even though it may sound extremely silly and crap, they managed to do it in one of the most perfect ways I can think of IMO.

To shorten what I said, It's Final Fantasy mixed with Disney, and uses a unique Hack 'n Slash combat instead of Final Fantasy's turn based combat.