Approved John Boneham - The bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Boneham, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Boneham

Boneham Verified Traveler

Username: [Boneham]
    Discord Username (only if you want to be verified in the Discord group): [B to the Oneham#4263]
    Full Name: [John Boneham]
    Nickname(s): [Boneham/Bone/JB]
    D.O.B [13th of May 2380s]
    Place of birth: [Western mainland]
    Job: [Currently exploring]
    Hobbies: [Cooking, fishing and living off the land - Also archery]
    Religious Belief: [Somewhat a non believer, but is an admirer of the goddess Aestheria]
    Signature Item (s): [A chain, gifted down the family from his great grandfather, who has sadly passed. The chain is embroiled with old scribblings of fish and other animals]

Background:
    Growing up as a simple, well mannered boy, John always stayed well away from any trouble - until his teen years.

It was this time where he started coming out of his shell, getting in more trouble but still kept the charm and aspiration to someday get back on the straight and narrow. Whilst the majority of the time is a polite, figure of a man, he does have a fiery side and will protect family and friends, until the end.

John and his father regularly went on fishing trips, as never a family of wealth, they used the local river to live, venturing out every day to keep food on the table. One day, quite recently around dusk John and his father were out fishing, when a pack of wolves tried to steal their fish basket, John.. waving a stick fought off 2 of the wolf pups but the leader of the pack pounced, catching Johns father in the face. They decided letting the pack take the catch was was worth more than their lives.

It’s wasn’t until days later they had realised Colin Boneham was severely hurt, injuring his back in the scuffle.. with medication being costly life got even more of a chore. John still set out fishing, every day at dawn. It wasn’t until the medication bills built up and the local scoundrels were knocking on the family door, demanding money for protection and security that the money became a real problem, something had to be done.

John had to take care of his father, by prepping, cooking the catch and creating and repairing the gear. So much so, that it quickly became a passion.

Johns best friend Scott, mentioned one day that he had tickets to a new land, one that would be full of adventure, new recipes, new fish, new animals and new opportunity.

After a lengthy conversation with his parents, they decided it would be best for John to take the opportunity.. money was tight and with markets fluctuating, it may be a better way for his fathers medication to be paid for. His father called him back as he walked out of the door, holding his hand and handing over the family chain. ‘Take this with you son’ John told his father ‘I can’t take this father, it’s yours?!’ His father smiled and replied ‘It’s my lucky charm, my grandfather used to swear by this chain, plus I’m not giving it to you, I’m merely lending it’

There was then a vow made to his parents, to establish ground and then start a new life together, as a family, where once again they can live happily.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Hello!

A really enjoyable bio to read. Before I can approve it, can you add a date of birth to your character? The current year in Elpida is 2405S, so please add a day and month too.

3. Boneham

Boneham Verified Traveler

Done :) Thank you

4. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Thank you!

Welcome to the community :D