Prototype Ideas for Professions

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by dieuraskel, Apr 1, 2016.

1. dieuraskel

dieuraskel Verified Traveler

Before I start, I do realize you may or may not be already working on implements similar professions. I am simply brainstorming a few professions that could be implemented. (Please no hate)

• Woodworking (for Bows and Staves)
    • Artifacting (Wands, and Magical Items such as orbs)
    • Enchanting/Improving (Obviously, a unique way versus vanilla enchanting; Maybe merge with respective disciplines?)
    • Scribe (Write personal books, as well as tomes or other useful books)
    • Alchemy (Potions, primarily. Maybe merge with Cooking?)
    • Taming (Pets Animals, and Mounts)
    • Furniture Making (Maybe mix in with the recipes into other Disciplines, respectfully?)
    Also, maybe Implement Gathering Disciplines such as Woodcutting, Mining and Gathering/Scavenging?

2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Some very good ideas. Some of these, like you said, are already implemented into the server. The devs will take a look at this and see if is possible. @tcvs

dieuraskel likes this.
  3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I cannot tell you much, but all of those things are possible, and I know at least one of them is in the making.

4. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Some systems are already implemented, some systems are not but planned, and some are maybe in the farther future.

We don't necessarily have plans for all of these, but only time will tell whether we will pursue some of the ideas here.

Alir99 likes this.
  5. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

Hey, i don't think this need a new tread but i want to suggest guilds and raid parties.If you go to a Dungeon and you don't make a raid party,the dungeon boss will be harder, and the guild will be a building that you have to buy before making a guild and there will be job request in there (a new way to earn money),feel free to edit it if you think this is not balanced
    EDIT
    sry for bad english

6. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Thanks a lot for the ideas - definitely keep them coming!

When it comes to professions, we try to make each one unique. Every profession has a special twist to it, making the crafting process stand out.

Things planned for Prototype 2:
    • Cooking - based around mixing different tastes together.
    • Blacksmithing - has metal forming and weapon modifications.
    • Jewellery Making - items come in varieties and allow for personalisation.
    • Tailoring - (speciality to be decided)

Things we are experimenting with:
    • Alchemy - mixing elements and working around negative effects.
    Planned for the future:
    • Woodworking - will produce components for housing.
    • Translation & Scribes - will allow you to understand the lore around the world.
    • Shipwork - crafting ship parts.
    Artifacting is quite interesting - you will see parts of it in other disciplines (Blacksmithing/Tailoring). Taming is something that is somewhat planned, but further out - I want to get it right.

All in all, we are placing a lot of focus on crafting. If that's something you enjoy, you'll have a lot to do!

Alir99 likes this.
  7. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

We actually used to have a party system in place a long time ago - and then decided against it. Player guilds are also not something we are planning.

This is because both of those promote players to break down into small groups, rather than interact with everyone else. If you let people make their own guilds easily, many people will go and make their own.

We have a better solution though. There are several factions (groups) in the world - Traders of Elpida; The Warrior's Guild (and many more). Players are able to get reputation with these groups and ultimately will be able to lead them. This leads to a more interesting environment in my opinion, where players are in control of very meaningful groups, rather than guilds they made up.

You'll be able to do stuff like chart new lands for the Explorer's Guild, get known in their ranks, become very influential, and perhaps send the whole guild on an expedition to discover unknown islands. The Warrior's Guild might let you participate in conquests and large scale battles. Trader's Guild might have some interesting trade opportunities and challenges. I'm very excited about this. Once it all clicks together, it will be something never seen before. Not in Minecraft, not in any other game.

As for dungeons, some will have very difficult monsters that you will definitely need a group for. We plan to deliver a fun dungeon experience with a range of difficulties.

8. nidoranz

nidoranz Citizen

So why don't add a little bonus to raid party so that will encourage people to make one?

9. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Because like Tomas said, that will make players break down into small groups. The making of the party is not the problem, people make them easily. The involvement of the other players is the problem, meaning that some will be left out. That is what we're trying to prevent. We're trying to make a community where everyone can react with others and no one is left out. Raid parties just doesn't allow that for everyone.