How did you get into Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by hastearms, Jul 11, 2015.

1. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

And what keeps you drawn to this game?

For me personally, it was about playing and building with friends first and just having fun. Combined with my moderating experience at some larger game sites, I grew to love working and building for servers. Plus, when I took architecture classes prior to now, I really enjoyed it. I don't really want to be in an architecture-related field of work, but I still admire and love building and everything about player interactions.

2. Ramses_II

Ramses_II Verified Traveler

When I got Minecraft on the Christmas of 2012, I thought I would never stop playing. After 6 months, I got tired of it. Then I started multiplayer. I played that for about a year, then got bored and quit Minecraft for a while. Earlier in 2015, I really got into redstone mechanics. And, as you might've guessed, I'm starting to get bored of it. Just when I was going to leave Minecraft for good, I found Minecraft Frontiers. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, and I cannot wait until Beta Testing begins.
    Thank you staff and everyone for letting me be a part of this developing masterpiece!

3. Michael

Michael Citizen

My cousin

4. Cldfire

Cldfire Citizen Retired Staff

After having started with Pocket Edition and the 360 edition back in early 2012, I labeled Minecraft boring and refused to buy the computer edition. I couldn't understand why it was fun. In fall 2012 a couple of my friends (who don't play anymore, lol) convinced me to buy Minecraft. You know the story: I was instantly hooked on factions, and it's been a love story ever since <3

#MinecraftBestGameOfAllTime

5. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

I got hooked into the game when PaulSoaresJr posted his first few tutorials. Been playing since Beta 1.1. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  6. Ramses_II

Ramses_II Verified Traveler

PaulSoaresJr. is awesome

7. cman64

cman64 Lore Lore

I saw how big the game was getting with before the villager update. I planned to make an entire city, ended up making several with specified buildings and such. Once I lost those worlds I kinda blew out of it, then came back after several months to go on servers like this one :p

Servers and their playerbases are what keeps me going, the idea that a few people to hundreds can come together to make an entire world thrive like we do daily.

8. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I got it because of a friend. I saw him playing, and was very interested.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  9. Zappit

Zappit Citizen

All my Minecraft playing is thanks to my son.

10. Michael

Michael Citizen

My cousin.

11. Kranot

Kranot Retired Staff Retired Staff

years ago when it was new i saw one of the first letsplays and got interrested. bought it 1 year after its first appearance.

12. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

I played the Pocket Edition of Minecraft in primary school and quickly begged my mom to buy the PC edition in 2012, due to a massive amount of my friends having it. I started playing survival, switched over to creative servers for an extremely long time (in that time I feel like I've become a decent builder) , and a few months ago I left my old creative server behind and started playing Minecraft RP servers.

It's funny, because Minecraft was my first true PC game. Before it I was just playing those crummy flash games that you find on websites like addictinggames.com, and now I'm totally enveloped in gaming. It's kind of funny, because my friends tease me for still playing minecraft, thinking it childish considering how they played it mainly as little kids.

13. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

I got into Minecraft during middle school when one of my classmates mentioned it. I quickly ended up watching many seasons of various people's "Let's Play" videos (notably Yogscast), getting the game myself around Beta 1.5, playing with my brother and dad, and becoming the 'Ask-me-a-question-pertaining-to-game-mechanics-and-I-can-answer-correctly-99-percent-of-the-time-without-thinking(-very-hard-for-some-of-the-harder-ones)' person. I like to consider myself more knowledgeable about Minecraft than most of the community (in general, not just here on MCF), but I'm not sure how true that is. I'm not so great at building, I'm more into the logistics; redstone contraptions, exploiting game mechanics to my advantage, etc. Sadly, I've never gotten super far on survival anything without cheating (I don't like to consider it cheating too much, most of the time it's just time-saving stuff like spawning cobble instead of mining from a generator on Skyblock or applying Efficiency to a tool)

Minecraft is definitely my most played game of all time, but not nearly my first 'real' PC game. I estimate I've spent more than several thousand hours playing Minecraft, and impressively/sadly (depending on which way you look at it) that is not an exaggeration. Terraria follows at 800 or so, as logged by Steam.