General System Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Saphiria, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Hello,
    I find that this may be a slight issue in the system. You start with nothing. To get something you have to walk all the way to the mining village without food. Remember, you have no weapons or food, so the chance is you will be killed by either a wolf or hunger or fall damage. I have tried quite a few times to get to the mining village, and each time I have died. I am unable to kill wolves (no weapon), I cannot run from the wolves (no food), I cannot regenerate my health (no food, and lost heath from hunger, fall damage, wolves). I just find it a little too difficulty to obtain the simplest and most basic items. I suggest you have each play get off the boat of Elpida with a few loaves of bread a starter pickaxe and a dagger. Along with a book that contains a short summery of what your first "goal" or "task" should be. Maybe even have a map with you containing a picture of the Map Of Insulera (very possible).

Oh yeah, maybe post the server bug updates in the Beta News section... It will make sure the important info is still on the top for non beta members, and would make more sense.

Cheers,
    Saphiria

EDIT: I forgot to add, in order to make a pickaxe you have to go all the way back to Elpida from the Mining Village with no food or weapons, find a crafting table and make one. (There is no crafting table at village (As far as us players could see). Then you have to travel back to the village to mine, again that is without food or weapons. I have played for quite a few hours, and I am still finding it very difficult to just get the basic wood tools. I love a challenge, but this may be a little to big of one.

2. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

We are aware. And there is a crafting table in the mining town.

3. Saphiria

Alright, just wanted to make a post about it.

What do you think about the map and book idea? For the map, it wouldn't be of the world, but of the map you had made.

4. tcvs

We will see. The devs will talk it over. I am trying to currently set up a proper bug tracker so we can easily track them.

5. Saphiria

Ah, that will make things easier. I know adding new things isn't on the priority list, but I feel it might help confusion.

6. Glaceer

Glaceer Verified Traveler

I think to some degree this difficulty is because the game is new and a lot of features are missing. Ideally, as more people join and businesses form, it will be easier to do all of this stuff. But right now, a lot of recipes don't work, you can't find recipes, NPCs are missing, etc. As the community progresses and grows, it should slowly become easier to get materials and stuff.

7. tcvs

Very good point. We are currently really trying to fix the primary bugs that are stopping us from adding in to items and recipes.