Forums = Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by QuannTan, Jun 28, 2016.

1. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

So I don't know if this has been suggessted before, or talked about before period. But, anyhow here goes:

I was wondering, what if our forum activity/titles also helped us in game? Like, for example, with me; I'm a "Famous Citizen" and what if instead of the npc's just talking to me like normal, they might know me, like maybe the merchants might like me and be more likely to give me a discount or maybe I'd be more liable to be voted for if I was a politician,or maybe they might simply just be able to like me easier. Or how about another example, like @Nico who is a citizen. Maybe the usual bandits might know of him, and it may discourage them from attacking him. Hm, or how about old @Xalveris he's a known citizen, maybe the townfolk would be more likely to vote for him since he's a bit more known throughout the town, or maybe the explorers might be more willing to give him more information!

But hey, it's just an idea! I'm not trying to sound rude or too aggressive, I was just talking with @Nico and we thought that it sounded like a cool idea!

Thanks y'all

Nico likes this.
  2. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

I most certainly agree! This would be really cool to get noticed by NPCs. But then stuff you do ingame to become more noticed should change your forum title too I think.

3. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Sounds like an interesting idea.

We will be adding forum participation rewards. So once you reach a rank on the forums, you might get some rewards ingame. There could be some very specific instances where NPC dialogues react to forum titles. Perhaps a special NPC that has extended dialogues as a reward of a forums title, although that would be more of an exception.

Dialogues and reputation will be primarily balanced around gameplay actions. In the end, I think NPCs should recognise players based on being active on the server, not being active on the forums. Those are slightly separate things.

In the longer term, we will be adding player statistics. This will be far more elaborate than simply seeing how many monsters you have killed. You will be able to make some meta decisions about the game, right from the website. For example a politician might be able to set up taxes for the city, or view a detailed outline of the expenses. A player might be able to manage their plots, control their employees, etc..

QuannTan and Nico like this.
  4. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

Awesome!