Events

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by Saphiria, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Events.png

Hello Adventurers!
    We are very excited to announce events, a new community experience! This is a sneak peek of what is to come. The first event will be happening in the coming weeks!
    Events Summary
    Events are a captivating part of Minecraft Frontiers. They deliver a rich, storytelling experience, with you in the lead role. From exploration of ancient ruins, to averting a political crisis, players will embark on journeys shaping the future of the world. While events have not been mentioned before to the public, it has been a feature we have been looking forward to since the start of the project.

There are two kinds of events: community events and story events. Community events are built around a minigame, with the goal of bringing people together and having fun. They happen in a less story driven setting. Think arena tournaments, treasure hunts, races, or light roleplay evenings. On the other hand, story events represent a deep experience with rich lore. They let you shine in the spotlight as you follow the story arc over the course of several weeks. Story events often have multiple outcomes, giving you the opportunity to sway the future of the game world.

Events are organized, created, and lead by our Community Team. Our Lore Team creates the storyline for events so that they fit right into the world. The development team creates the plugins that make events possible. Lastly, our builders help shape the world around us so that you have endless places to explore and play. It is a team effort, all to let our players experience the world in a completely unique way.​
    Sneak Peak
    While we don’t want to give away too much too soon, I can promise you that the first events will give you the exploration of your lifetime. A long forgotten tale is returning to Elpida, waiting for you to uncover its mysteries. You definitely don’t want to miss out on our events - participating in each one will come with exciting rewards.
    We are very excited to share this tidbit of information with you. But we are even excited to see what the community thinks of it.

Cheers,
    The Minecraft Frontiers Team, Saphiria

2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

The first event is nearly ready, and it will be exciting for me and the staff to have our first major interaction with the players.

3. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

Do you have an estimate date as to when this will happen?

4. Saphiria

So, since Phase 1 is over and we are most likely not having Phase 2 until after February 26 (Spigot 1.9 comes out then), plus the fact that we have to develop new content to make sure the server retains players, I would say about 1.5-2 months from now.

5. Alir99

The event planning and building is nearly finished. Just a few final touches left to make sure that everything is perfect. I can't give you any more information, but when the server comes back online, the first event should take place in a few weeks after that.

6. Saphiria

What if we started out Phase 2 with an event?

7. Alir99

Well I can make it so we start off with the event, but that would mean that everything would have to be perfect in the time before stage 2 goes online. But since the event is not ready yet, I'll have to see.
    That is a good idea though. If I can finish it in the next 3-4 weeks, we can most definitely see the first event taking place with the start of stage 2.

8. Saphiria

We can talk more later, but I think if we started now we could get it ready in 2 weeks.