Approved Character Bio for Seren

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by SocialGoat, Dec 12, 2019.

1. SocialGoat

SocialGoat Verified Traveler

Username: [SocialGoat]
    Full Name: [Seren Faerleigh]
    Nickname(s): [Little Star]
    Date of birth: [26 March, 2388S]
    Place of birth: [Nomadic Tribe called Sirena, on the Mainland]
    Job: [Servant, Thief]
    Interests and hobbies: [Crafting extraordinary items from ordinary objects. Stealing and selling items]
    Religious Belief: [Metus]
    Signature Item (s): [Wooden Star Shaped Pendant On A Leather Cord]

More Info:
    Desc: knee length, russet coloured hair, tied back when in service, loose when not working.

Reason for Arrival to Elpida: After eight years of stealing and selling valuable items on the Mainland, Seren seeks a new life at Elpida, and she has finally made enough money to pay her way onboard a ship there. She has become fascinated with the religious customs of Metus, and has decided to follow his order.

Family:
    Parents: Derfel, Chieftain of the Sirena Tribe and Ceinwyn, Daughter of the Sea. Derfel is a fearsome warrior who earned much respect when fighting his foes in the past, however times and his luck have changed since Patraeia obtained new strategies and weaponry. Ceinwyn is the daughter of a fisherman, and is a skilled swimmer. She passed down her knowledge of knot tying, wayfaring, and crafting to Seren, hence her title "Daughter of the Sea".
    Sibling/s: Mordrenna, a skilled archer. She has inherited her mother's blonde hair and her father's tenacity. She is two years older than Seren and is betrothed to Calum, a strong, kind, seasoned warrior who works on his well earned farm in his spare time, and who keeps chickens. Nimue, Seren's younger sister who is obsessed with mythology and the seeking of knowledge. She is often in her own little world, and longs for something more in her life than living in a primitive village and marrying. She is a year younger than Seren. During Seren's time in Patraeia, Nimue is killed by Mordrenna due to jealousy after Calum's affections shift to Nimue.

Potential Rp (n.b. this is an idea about how my story could go. This isn't what happens definitely, it's more of a potential direction about what happens to the character not long after she lands.): Seren is a servant who has managed to pay her way onboard a ship to Elpida by selling stolen valuables. When walking in the marketplace, she is mistaken for another servant by a wealthy rural land, who takes her to his house. She serves the landowner's wife and quickly gains favour within the household. The landowner begins to take interest in Seren and in an attempt to get closer to her, betrothes her to his son, Julius. Seren realises that she can use this favour to her advantage and begins to pull strings to push her own agenda in Elpida. Through her, the religion of Metus is renewed and encouraged more and farmers and other landowners begin to (literally) reap the benefits. Seren gains more influence in more than the rural areas and her fame extends into the more urban areas. The Emperor/King/Person In Charge (PIC) hears of Seren and brings her to his court, where she is entertained and hosted. Seren begins to influence the PIC as well, through her charm and mastery of flattery. After a few months, rivals, from the South, jealous of her success, begin to plot her downfall...

Before Arrival At Elpida: Hey, my name is Seren Faerleigh. I'm 17 years old, 18 in the third month of next year. Why am I travelling to Elpida? Well, let me tell you.

My father, Derfel, is the chief of our Tribe on the Mainland, to the North of Patraeia. My mother, Ceinwyn, is the most skilled woman at fishing and swimming I know, hence the tribe's nickname for her, Daughter of the Sea. I have two sisters, Mordrenna, the eldest, a somewhat jealous and spiteful woman despite her beauty, who once capt the eye of Calum Strongbow, a handsome farmboy who she was engaged to. At least, until my younger sister Nimue, a wild, carefree, knowledge-thirsty girl, became the focus of his love. Nimue had no time for a man in her heart, and yet Calum's advances to Nimue stirred anger into Mordrenna's heart. Mordrenna took Nimue to the North Sea Shore where the swans swam, and pushed her in, claiming to steal all that was precious to Nimue. This made the Mainland angry, and provoked raiding from Patraeia, who captured me and brought me back to the city. For 3 years, I served the Senate's politicians and their wives, stealing little trinkets where I could. I had developed a skill in crafting handy items out of ordinary objects, and I had also developed a habit of selling stolen valuables and manipulating people to agree with me. Now, at 17 years old, I have raised enough money to travel to Elpida, and start my life anew, and perhaps find a way back home to my family...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Welcome!

Firstly please add a full date of birth for your character. Secondly, the part of your bio where you state your character was walking in the marketplace and picked up by a landowner will need to be changed because your bio happens before your character arrives at Elpida.

Let me know when you’ve updated it!

3. SocialGoat

SocialGoat Verified Traveler

G'day, I'll definitely do that for the birthday. By the way, the "being picked up by a landowner" part is a potential idea about how I'd like my rp to go, it's not definite. It's mainly there as an idea so I don't forget what I might want to do. It's like a "what if this happened" thing.

4. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Ahh I see.

Apologies about that.

Welcome to the community then :D