Approved Alir99's Character Bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Alir99, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Full Name: Ali Beykloo
    Nickname(s): Al
    Date of birth: 29 October 2363S
    Place of birth: Mainland, Village of Lakemont
    Current residence: A small hut in the centre of town
    Job: Royal Guard (Elpida Enforcer)
    Interests and hobbies: Solving people's problems, fencing, maintaining the peace
    Religious Belief: Legaros
    Signature Item (s): The Dragonbane Sword

Character History

Ali Beykloo was born in a relatively poor family. Although her father worked in the Senate, he got paid very little and very rarely, as the Senate kept changing. Therefore Ali grew up with the absence of many things a child that age yearned, such as toys, education and books. Its true that Ali didn't like the Senate, but she was patriotic. She would constantly imagine a future where everyone would live alongside each other and there were no quarrels. At the age of 5, her parents were ruthlessly slaughtered in a raid of their village by bandits. The army of Patraeia did manage to retake the village, but not before the death of Ali's parents. So now an orphan, Ali turned to the street life, living alongside other orphans. She was soon accepted in a youth gang, where Ali(known as Al by her street friends) started to break the law. Starting from pick pocketing, she would climb her way up the gang, to the point where she would fight in street brawls. When she reached the age of 17, she became one of the leaders of the gang, Al had no problems or doubts until one night. In a gang meeting, she is given the responsibility of murdering an old couple in cold blood as a result of a losing bet. Al, not losing all of her conscience, backs out. Knowing that she can't return to the gang because of his failure, she hid in an abandoned house, planning out her options.

Al emerged again after a while, after finding out that her gang members had been arrested. Using her skills of problem solving, she became a Private Investigator at the age of 18. She also used her combat training to be a bodyguard for members of the Senate. She turned out to be quite decent, racking up quite a reputation in the village. Although this new job didn't have the thrill and excitement and sense of danger the gang life had, Al preferred it as she enjoyed helping people. While having a trip down memory lane, she returned to her old hut one night, remembering her mum’s voice calling her for dinner, or her dad's joking scream when she knocked him over during wrestling. She leans on the bookshelf, when suddenly the bookshelf moves aside, and Al falls on her back. Turning around, she noticed that she's accidentally discovered a hidden room, with a single chest in the middle. Slowly walking forward, she opens the chest. A note falls out. Reading it, it says,"when you read this, I will no longer be with you. This is the Dragonbane Sword. It has been passed down our family for generations. I have been training you for this, and now it is your turn to wield it. Good luck my daughter." Hesitantly reaching for the sword, Al feels an indescribable force pulling her towards it. She reached for it, slowly unsheathing it. She slashed through the air a few times, feeling the power and speed of it.

At that moment, all hell breaks loose as the village has come under attack by an unknown force. Al instantly hides, hoping that this is all some dream, and that she will wake up soon. "I have been training you". "Dragonbane Sword". "Your turn to wield". The words of her father, although said just a few minutes ago, feel like a lifetime away. "Good luck my daughter". Suddenly, it clicks. When her parents died, she was too young to help. Now though, duty lies on her to defend this village. Using the new sword she has, Al joined the army of Patraeia. This unknown force are more dangerous than the typical raiders that harassed the land. Their reason of attack: to murder everyone and take the natural resources of the area. Growing up in this village, Al cant and wont let this happen. Showing immense bravery, she charges along with the army, hoping to rid them. During the war, the village suffers many casualties, of all ages. The future looks grim for the villagers and their land. The Senate host an emergency meeting and Al, being good at problem solving, is invited. After many hours of discussions and arguments, a plan is formed, which will have dire consequences if failed. No one wants to carry out the role because of the massive danger it involves. "Good luck my daughter". Taking a look at her sword, Al knows what needs to be done. She knows that she must win, or die trying.

The plan was as follows. Al had sneaked into the enemy base. She had placed TNT in various positions, hoping to blow the place to smithereens. As she was placing the last TNT, she hears a scream, followed by a slashing noise. "Please stop. I don't know anything." Her curiosity got the better of her, and she sneaked to the tent where the noise came from. Peeking through, she sees a teenage boy tied to a chair, with several enemy guards surrounding him. He had a large cut on his cheek, which was presumably the slashing noise she heard. "I honestly don't know how to get past the villages barricades" he says to the guards. Knowing that she's running out of time, she looks back to the base exit, realising that she should be leaving. However, her conscience again wont let her leave an innocent boy here at their hands. Determined, she rushes in, stabbing and slashing the guards, until only she and the boy are there." What's your name?" She asked the boy. He replied “Mark". Quickly, she freed him and they head to the fence where they will escape from. Suddenly, the whole base came to life, as they have discovered the dead bodies of the guards. Al quickly boosted him over the fence while the enemy quickly approaches her. Knowing that she can't get over the fence quickly enough, she is forced to detonate the explosives. Night turned to day as the whole complex was lit up by the explosives. "Run!" She screamed at Mark. Mark watched as horror as part of a building is flung towards them, trapping Al underneath the rubble. The fence is now ripped apart, and so Mark now risked his life, pushing away the rubble with difficulty. He drags her out, and supports her as they begin the walk back to the village.

After helping defend the village against the enemy forces along with her fellow villagers, Al has changed from an innocent and mischievous girl into a hardened and battle scarred warrior. She is congratulated by many, but she doesn't feel anything good from it. Yes, she defended the village, but for what price? Spilling blood? Beheading people? Stabbing someone? She had now married Mark, but feels like this village has changed from her childhood, and that she no longer gets the feeling she used to before. The nice dreams she used to have of her parents had now been replaced with nightmares of them getting killed. Every night, the same dream. Her parents loving and caring faces have been replaced with scared and horrified faces dripping blood. Sensing as she's seen her fair share of war and gore, she sold all of her property, collecting the money. Along with her husband, she migrates to the land of Elpida, where they are never heard of again. The owner of the hut discovers that everything is still left in the house, along with a sword sheath, but no sword.

BobTheMan1110 likes this.
  2. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Welcome to Minecraft Frontiers! Great to see that you have put together your character bio. Interesting story, and hope to see you to continue to expand your lore here or in the Custom Lore section.

Alir99 likes this.
  3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Welcome! Glad to see you around. I must admit, I haven't read all of it yet, but the little I have read is great.

4. Alir99

Thank you tcvs. I will definitely expand my lore and hope to be a valuable contributor.

Haha it's alright. I'm glad you enjoy it so far. I'm open to any suggestions or improvements anyone recommends.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    BobTheMan1110 likes this.
  5. Zhalo Aurn

Zhalo Aurn Citizen Retired Staff

I love the bio! I can't wait to see you in Elpida fencing and body guarding!
    ;)

6. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Welcome to the community! Bio is a little short in my opinion, but seems to be coming along nicely.

7. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

From what I understand @Alir99 plans on expanding on it.

8. Draconis

Draconis Citizen

Yes! Glad you joined @Alir99 XD this server I told you about will be worth it! Also good biography :)

Alir99 likes this.
  9. Alir99

Hi thank you for your response. Yes that was just a small layout of it, I will definitely make it longer.

^ yup exactly xD

Merged by tcvs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  10. Draconis

Draconis Citizen

should say single, second paragraph.

take the natural resources, third paragraph

many casualties, third paragraph

Sarah watched in horror, fourth paragraph

He no longer gets the feeling, fifth paragraph

Really nice expansion bro! Here's a few mistakes I saw while reading through it but it is really good. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone to roleplay as Sarah so that you'll actually have a wife inside the game XD

Also if you've got the time maybe right it in past tense as that would suit a biography better :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    Alir99 likes this.
  11. Alir99

Thanks for the corrections Draconis. I have corrected them. If you can check anyone for any other errors that would be great xD

12. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Really nice bio, gives me chills at times. :D

Consider yourself accepted into the beta-test. Excited to see you join us!

Alir99 likes this.
  13. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Congratulations, @Alir99! I hope you stay active, and enjoy the server. ;) Nice bio!

14. Alir99

Thank you! I tried to make it that even though he is looked upon as a hero, he is not proud of it and would rather just like a peaceful life with his wife.

Thank you for the feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  15. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

Congrats on acceptance to beta, Alir99! Glad to have you on board!

Alir99 likes this.
  16. Alir99

Thank you Hastearms. I'm glad to be on board :D