Any tech-savy people around here?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Draconis, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Draconis

Draconis Citizen

I am currently thinking of getting the this PC over here ----> HP PC but I would like to upgrade it at some point to a gtx 970. I know there is a pci-e x16 so that bit is solved but I have no clue if it would actually fit the chassis itself. I also know that I would have to upgrade the psu but that "hopefully" will be problem free.

2. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

It should fit in theory.

GTX 970 Graphics Card Dimensions:
    4.376 inchesHeight
    10.5 inches

Your Chassis
    Height: 36.39 cm (14.33 in)
    Width: 16.51 cm (6.50 in)
    Depth: 37.50 cm (14.88 in)

It's hard to tell if you can't have a look into the PC. All sorts of stuff might be going in under the hood. o_O

It is not a super spacious chassis, that's for sue. I've always opted for much bigger ones, just to have some fiddling space. I suppose you can always buy a new one though - the chassis itself is one of the cheaper components.

(Though it might fit into this one perfectly fine.)

Draconis likes this.
  3. Draconis

Draconis Citizen

@Tomas Thanks for the info! Needed to ask this as this is the best option currently available for salary sacrifice but if I would not be possible to upgrade it to the better specs then... there wouldn't really be much point.

I found this video about a different hp pavillion and it has the same chassis but a different motherboard, however the motherboard of the one in the video is slightly bigger by 0.4x0.4 though I'm not sure if that would affect anything XD

4. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I consider myself tech-savvy, but not for anything other than Apple.