Show and Tell: Your Character

Discussion in 'General' started by jamestiger, Oct 31, 2015.

?

Which flowers do you like better? Daisies or Sunflowers?

1. Pushin' Daisies all dayy!! Or not, since that sorta means dead.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Mmm... Sunflower seeds..

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

James looks out across the barren plains that are the forum pages and sighs with disdain. He'd have to get off his lazy bum and plant some flowers to brighten up the place... and he sucks at gardening.

Should I pick daisies or sunflowers? Y'know what? I'll make that a poll.

Joking aside, we all know that a core aspect, if not the driving force of MF is going to have to be the role play. Like Tomas said, if you want to get the full package, your probably going to have to spend some time immersing yourself in the land of Elpida.

Now before I continue I need to pull the idle guests and silent members who I know are floating around the forums from time to time without so much as a word.
    If your a guest, become a member! If your a member you should definitely apply for beta testing. It's going to be months before you get access if you choose to neglect doing so. It's easy and there isn't much hassle to it. Make some posts while your at it, talk to others on here. If your going to be part of the community, act like it!

Takes a deep breath

Okay where was I? Oh yeah.
    So the point of this post other than to stimulate activity in the forum is that I want to hear about your characters. You don't even need to have a bio made, just tell me a few ideas you have for your character.

--- Merged ---

Ohmigosh I spelled 'Your' wrong in the title noooo! How do I fix that?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2015
    Tomas and tcvs like this.
  2. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

@jamestiger You are exactly right! Let's get as many people out and involved as possible. We are always encouraging people to sign up and apply for the beta.

3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 3.00.43 PM.png

I am pretty sure my character will be a politician.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  4. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

I love playing supportive characters. Under the radar, behind the scenes guy. An assistant in a politician's office would be something I'd love. Making sure the politician in charge has the votes coming, the money flowing and the opposition hiding in the corner!

While the target would be on the politician, I'd mingle in the pubs to enjoy my hard earned money. :p

5. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

I would more be on the dark side of things creating trouble and organizing some of the larger crimes in the area.

6. PepsiKnight

PepsiKnight Citizen

A blacksmith / miner :) I may try to do something to do with commerce or money.

7. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Oh hey Pepsi, haven't seen you around here in awhile, nice that we have someone doing a blacksmith, don't know anyone else doing that yet.
    Also, tcvs, I will be watching for daggers in my back. Tomas, I think you could make a TV show based off that idea.
    And how would you quite go about being a technologist, Saphiria.

I myself will be a spoony bard, called Cristopher Vernandos.
    The youngest son from a rich family fresh out of school. His parents already had four other children who were prominent figures who helped around the city. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if one slipped off to do his own thing.. With Elpida and the rest of the island being relatively new, and with nothing more solid than a bunch of rumors, he wants to come and record about the life and scenery of it, write some poems, make some songs. Possibly painting some art and playing in a bar for cash. So he'll be a curious, not so bad ass adventurer who'll be tagging along with whatever ACTUAL beefy adventurer walks by to do his traveling and dungeon crawls with.

Oh hey I just sorta helped myself write some of my bio. Yeah for unintentional work!

Also, just realized that my signature describes a lot of what Cris is about.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  8. Tomas

Cris sounds like an awesome guy! Can't wait to see him in action (or non-action). I was definitely planning on making the taverns big mingling spots for people to meet, share their stories and refill their morale between adventures. Would be great to throw in a couple of tavern games as well! I'll see what we can do in that respect. :)

9. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

If you can somehow incorporate instruments, as a tavern mini game or elsewhere, I will love you forever. That also might have to do with a question I have for Signature Items. I'll definitely be doing a journal for him so he can record all his works. And you said 1 to 2 so if it's possible I wanted to let him have a renamed stick called Cristopher's Flute. Is this viable? If not, I can simply grab a stick and rename it a bit after getting there.

10. Tomas

That is absolutely viable. The journal is something you can do yourself, no need for a signature item to make that happen. The flute fits the signature item perfectly.

We could do instruments in-game. That is actually fairly straight forward to do. We have a long list of things we would like to do, but I'll add this one there. It is a really good idea. :)

11. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Yes! Now I don't have to worry about learning a music program and figuring out how to host music on a site for immersion purposes! Of course depending on if it gets added. Keep up the good work by the way, I'm surprised how ambitious you guys are about this with so few on the staff team.

12. Tomas

We actually have a pretty impressive soundtrack for the server already. I believe something around 10 songs. I might be able to license a lute track for you that you can play to others in the taverns, that would be pretty cool! (If the budget permits) :)

13. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

That'd be a nice addition, but don't go out of your way for it if it ends up being a problem. Now time to finally finish my character bio.

14. Tomas

It could be a great addition. It likely won't be there for this first release - there's tons of other things we need to do. But how cool would it be to travel the world and collect songs as you go. Then playing what you learned to others when you get back to your home town!

15. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

So much yes. o.o
    It'll be like some fantastical episodic rhythm-filled adventure... that sorta sounds like a Disney movie. Disney! Make it happen!

16. Tomas

It's great to see so much variety in what people want to play. It will make for a great community.

17. llyrios

llyrios Retired Staff Retired Staff

A HOBO!!!

18. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

On the surface the surface a hobo sounds kind of boring to roleplay. But I could see that being an actual thing. xD
    Maybe his unassuming presence allows him to be the ears for a faction or whatever group of people, or maybe he spends his seldom earned cash on spirits, and then proceeds to cause tavern fights. It could be a story of a middle-aged screw up struggling through a long journey from rags to riches, causing plenty of trouble along the way... I suggest his name should be Harpo, Harpo the Hobo.

19. llyrios

llyrios Retired Staff Retired Staff

ive roleplayed one before, and oh my... was it fun, it was a more comical character and it truly was hilarious.

20. Supernova

Supernova Verified Traveler

Good to see that there is an amountage of people excited to get started on this!