Approved Eli Galatas Bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by SrTaZer, Dec 20, 2019.

1. SrTaZer

SrTaZer Traveler

Username: SrTaZer1011

Discord Username (only if you want to be verified in the Discord group): Vector#0885

Full Name
    : Eli Galatas

Nickname(s)
    : Eli

Date of birth
    : Sept 7 2386S

Place of birth
    : Mainland

Job
    : Hunter, Archer

Interests and hobbies: Hunting, Fishing

Religious Belief:
    Marventa

Signature Item (s): A bow called Quilk

Life In The Mainlands: I was born Sept 7 2386S, in Mainland. I was raised by my widow father, my mother died when she gave birth to me, so I never knew her well, only from stories my father told me, supposedly she liked to sew, she would then sell her stuff to people and get her money that way. He was a hunter, and wanted me to know how to protect my self and hunt, just like him, he also taught me how to fish, and which type of bait I should use for the best catches. For years he was training me and showing me all the skills, that way I would be ready for the day I was alone. He taught me to use a bow for shooting animals, and using a dagger to finish them off. After he disappeared, which I don't remember the date, and I don't know how he disappeared, I decided to continue hunting, in his honor. I have no idea where he may be, but I will do what I can to find him. I wasn't very social in the Mainlands, never talked to anyone, and I never went out with people. All I had with me was my bow I named Quilk, which is similar to my father's name, Quill. He left me something the day before he disappeared, it was a feather, its blue and white with a streak of gray going through it, I put it on my bow as a reminder of him. I'm also quite short, not too short, but I am pretty fast, so its pretty good when it comes to me chasing injured animals. When I was around 18, I went into the woods to try out some new things I had learned, by this point my father had already disappeared, I got a bit cocky and got hurt while hunting this one animal, that made me stop hunting for a while, the injury happened while it was getting dark, I knew that the more dangerous animals appear at this time, so I started running back home, while I was, I heard a low growling sound to my left. I was scared so I shot 2 arrows in that direction and started running, but that thing was fast. It caught up to me and it bit my leg, I used my dagger to quickly stab it and do what I could to escape. That animal has since then been on a list I have of animals I feel like I need to kill.
    After I turned 19, I started to go out of the woods and into the town, which I rarely did. I would go buy hunting supplies with the little money I had, hunt some animals, and then sell them to the townsfolk, after walking around for looking for some new supplies, I overheard a conversation about a place called Elpida, I heard many good things about it, the riches and the wealth, and that's where the real journey begins.

Why I wanted to go to Elpida: After hearing about the wealthy people and gold palaces in Elpida, I thought it would be a good idea to go there. Maybe I would be able to find some work there, but most importantly, I thought about my dad. I was never told by anyone that he died, just that he simply vanished, so I decided to go to Elpida and try to find my father there, and maybe have a chance to be reunited with him again. If I manage to find my father, I don't know what to do, I just hope I don't lose him again.

God I follow: Marventa

Signature Item: A bow named Quilk, which was named after my father, who's name was Quill. I've had it since I was 16, and have kept it with me since then. It's a completely normal bow, I just decided to name it, although it does have a feather of an animal, the feather is blue and white, with a streak of gray going through it. The bow itself was a gift from my father when I turned 15.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  2. org36

org36 Citizen Ambassador

The paragraphs on your background is on the shorter side. Perhaps you could expand on the story behind the Signature Item? Or perhaps you could give more backstory to the father - why was he widowed? Did he leave any messages behind for Eli before he disappeared? Perhaps write a paragraph detailing the day Eli's father disappeared?

There are also a couple formatting errors, which you should fix if possible (though it doesn't affect whether it gets approved that much).

Your date of birth in the layout and paragraph also doesn't seem to match (2385S and 2389S).

Side note: Signature Items are unavailable at the start (lore reason is that they're confiscated when players arrive in Elpida, if you have it when you arrive), so you won't be able to actually use your bow until it's "given" back to you.

Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. eragon43

eragon43 Known Citizen Ambassador

If you need some inspiration, here are some ideas:
    Maybe add a story about your mother?
    How did he train you?
    What weapons did he train you in?
    how did the training go?
    How did he dissapear?
    Why didnt he tell anyone about his father?

4. org36

org36 Citizen Ambassador

Mk. Approved.

Welcome~