Approved Character Bio - Kaphelia Arrow

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Kaphelia_Arrow, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Kaphelia_Arrow

Kaphelia_Arrow Verified Traveler

Username: [Kaphelia_Arrow]
    Discord Username (only if you want to be verified in the Discord group): {DootDootImaFlute #1357
    Full Name: [Kaphelia Arrow]
    Nickname(s): [Kal]
    Date of birth: [26/11/2382S, current year is 2405S]
    Place of birth: [Mainland, a small house, behind a large, well-known weapon forge]
    Job: [Dancer/Actress]
    Interests and hobbies: [Kal has a major interest in dancing, and theatre. Her hobbies include: making choreography, and costume making]

Talents: Dancing, weapon forging. Can hold her own in a sword fight.
    Religious Belief: [Aestheria]
    Signature Item (s): [A cape of sheer, shiny material, decorated with stars and moons, under a midnight blue sky. This cape was mine, since I did my very first performance. My dance teacher gifted it to me, and told me that I’d go far, no matter what others may say. An iron sword, with a delicate, bright ruby rose on the hilt. I had forged it myself years ago, and had the ruby cut by a local gem cutter. Her name is “The Rose Maiden”.]

Backstory: I was born out back, behind my parents’ weapons forge. I was always told that, one day, I’d be the one, drenched in sweat, running the forge on my own. I was excited for that day, the day I’d be gifted my mother’s own longsword, and would run the forge myself.

But that mindset changed forever, when I saw my first performance.

When I was ten, my mother and father took me out to see a live performance, at a large local theatre. The open air made me feel like I could see for kilometres, like the stage went on forever. As the stage went dark, and the performers entered the raised stage, I was captivated. The dances and songs fell on intently listening ears, and focused eyes. I was under a spell for the evening. I felt as if I had experienced something magical. From that evening on, I knew I wanted to replicate that feeling. The feeling of being under a dancer’s spell.

So, I begged my parents to let me have dance lessons with the local instructor. Hesitantly, they let me start. I started very late, unlike the rest of the children there, who’d been born into performing families. I caught up quickly, and by the age of 13, I was performance-ready.

I took to the stage, performing a graceful, gorgeous group contemporary dance. The material flowed over my skin, as to mimic calm water, flowing back and forth from the shore of a peaceful lake. I felt that same feeling wash over me. I had done it! I had recreated that feeling of being under a spell! Was it Aestheria’s spell? I never found out.

I knew that this was my purpose now. I was meant to bring joy to adoring audiences, through dance.

That evening, as the show wrapped up, my instructor pulled me aside.

‘I can sense greatness within you, Kaphelia, and budding talent. You will bring many people happiness with your performances. This… it’s yours now.’

She handed me a cape. It was midnight blue, with gorgeous stars, and moons painted on it. The material was thin, but strong, and the strings were black.

‘I don’t know what to say… thank you!’ I gave my teacher a big hug.

‘You’ll go far, Kaphelia Arrow, no matter what others say.’

~

LEAVING HOME

I knew that my parents didn’t approve of my hobby. They rarely came to see me perform, and when they did, they pointed out where I messed up.

I couldn’t stay on the Mainland. I had to leave.

On the eve of my 20th birthday, I planned to escape.

Once everyone had gone to bed, I packed a bag, filled with only essentials, dressed myself in a midnight blue dress, tied my precious cape around my neck, and left the house, taking my personal forge key with me.

The forge was still open, surprisingly, so I entered, without a sound. I unlocked the safe, and took a medium-sized bag of gold and silver. It was my money, as I had forged and sold the weapons that were exchanged for the currency. I stowed it in my bag, and walked over to the hearth. On the wall, above the dying flame, was my sword. It was a simple iron sword, with a ruby, cut into the shape of a fully-bloomed rose, by a local gem cutter, on the hilt. I had named her “The Rose Maiden” long ago. It gleamed under the moonlight that streamed in from the barred window. I sheathed the weapon in its white sheath, and left my “home”.

In the early hours of the morning, I reached the docks, and haphazardly purchased a ticket for the next ship out of here. I looked at the curvy writing on the slip of parchment, and saw that the ship was going to Elpida, the land of promised riches that my mother often spoke of. We imported lots of valuable materials from that island, but I was never allowed to forge things with them.

As the sun rose, I, along with a thundering crowd of excited travellers, boarded the ship to Elpida, and started the next chapter in my life…

~

NOW

These days, I’m a performer. Wherever my talents are needed, I’m there. I’ll often stay at, or close to my venue, so I’m always on time for my set. My costumes are made by my own hand, and I always wow my crowd. I charge about fifteen gold an hour to hire my services, will I see you at my next show~?

(A/N: Wow I missed writing character bios at 3AM. Also, I'm not sure how to work these forum posts, but is it possible to edit things later? I have a few more ideas for things ((theme songs, possible "artwork", not story stuff)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. org36

org36 Citizen Ambassador

You can edit stuff later, sure, but don't do anything too drastic. If it changes too much after we approve it, we'll have to take a look at it again to check for anything that might violate the guidelines we set for biographies.

Before we can approve your biography, please state the exact age of your character (simply subtract the age from 2405S to get the birth year). Everything else currently looks fine.

Also, as a side note, Signature Items are unavailable at the start (lore reason is that they're confiscated when players arrive in Elpida, if you have it when you arrive), so you won't be able to actually use your weapon until it's "given" back to you.

Good luck!

3. Kaphelia_Arrow

Ah, I'm sorry! Done ^^|

4. org36

org36 Citizen Ambassador

Alright, looks good. Approved!

If you do end up changing the biography later on, make sure to inform a Player Ambassador or something.

Welcome to the community!

5. Kaphelia_Arrow