Approved Johnny Farmer

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Alex Carroll, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Alex Carroll

Alex Carroll Verified Traveler

Minecraft username: alexcarr132
    Character name: Johnny Farmer
    Birthplace: A farm thirty miles outside the Capitol of Mainland
    Age 24
    Birthdate: May 5,2381S
    Religion: Metus and Phaedron
    Social class by birth: Media
    Profession: Farmer/assassin
    Hobbies:Smithing/Farming/Hunting Self-sufficiency
    My father owned a medium farm and our harvests growing up weren't enough to pay for our plow to be sharpened one year so my dad went to a blacksmith and bartered for the training to sharpen the plow and to fix it if it broke. He visited him for about 6 months after doing what was needed on the farm and he learned how to make a knife or an axe so if we needed extra money he could sell one. I loved to work with my dad because every night I would fall asleep satisfied. By the time I turned 6 I had made a couple daggers and sold them for a little money. I enjoyed the feel of the first coins I had earned. We had a small garden to provide some vegetables. We had 3 cows and 6 chickens and rows on rows of wheat. I am considered quite towering I stand to the height of a common door and my shoulders touch the walls I gained a lot of my muscle through working these fields. When you're sick the jobs don't stop.

At the age of 13 my parents were killed by an Agent of Phaedron because my dad had gotten into an argument with a visiting Senator in the tavern over some of the policies he had backed. My dad and I came back from the field one day and found a man with a blade scar across a foggy eye in our doorway, I didn't see her at first but my mother was laying at his feet. My dad yelled for me to run to get help so I started running for the woods I made 1/2 way across our field when I heard my dad yell out I turned around and saw my dad with a sword through him. I couldn't stop running,I ran until the sun went down after it was dark I backtracked to the farm and saw that the main house had been burned but not the barn. I buried my parents in the garden and cried myself to sleep. In the morning I found the anvil in the barn so I took my knowledge and made a dagger and went and got revenge. The Agent I killed had apparently killed a rich Businessman and had a group of soldiers tracking him and they found me standing over his body that only had a slit throat. Due to the way that I killed him I gained some fame. A group of assassins heard what I had done and approached me in a tavern and offered to train me in return for a 300 gold over the course of a couple of contracts. After 2 years of training I took a couple of contracts. The first contract I took was a bodyguard for a senator I was paid a couple hundred gold but 150 of that went to the assassin group. I used this money to buy me some armor that was meant to be silent and resilient at the same time.The second contract was a mercenary that had attacked a Businessman's son in an alleyway for his money. I was paid 300 gold ,150 for planting evidence that it was a rival merchant and 150 for the death, I was able to pay off my training and was left with 150 gold. I took that money and bought a custom dagger with a vial in the handle and a tiny tube to tip that I would fill with a poison I make. I named that dagger Adahy. I came to Elpida to make a name for myself and make enough money to buy my own farm to retire and make swords all the time.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  2. eragon43

eragon43 Known Citizen Ambassador

Welcome to the server! This seems like a very good start to your bio, however it is a bit short. We usually ask for about 2-3 paragraphs. Also so information is missing. If you put this at the top of the post and you fill in the blanks it shoulf be allright.
    Username: [Your character's Minecraft username]
    Discord Username (only if you want to be verified in the Discord group): [Discord Name and #]
    Full Name: [Your character Name]
    Nickname(s): [Character Nicknames]
    Date of birth: [Date the character was born, current year is 2405S]
    Place of birth: [Location of where Character was born e.e Mainland]
    Interests and hobbies: [Characters Interests and Hobbies
    Religious Belief: [Religious beliefs of the character; https://www.minecraftfrontiers.com/wiki/index.php/Gods]
    Signature Item (s): [Signature items that have a meaning to the character]

3. Alex Carroll

May I ask what's missing so I can put it in. If it's not at the top it's in the bio.

4. eragon43

It's not really missing information. It's just a lot easier for the people who have to check it and for the people who would want to read your bio in the future to have a small summary of your characters main traits at the top of your post. But the main problem is that the story is too short. Here are some ideas on how to lengthen it:
    What bad luck happened to the farm?
    How did your father teach you?
    How did your father know these things?
    Why were your parents killed?
    How were they killed?
    How did you get approached by the assassins?
    How did they train you?
    etc...

5. Alex Carroll

Updated please tell me what you think could be improved

6. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Hello!

Thanks for your cooperation. Two small changes that are needed: 1) Your character needs a full date of birth so please add that. 2) I'm not sure what you mean by his religion being Media? I presume you mean Metus.

Good luck!

7. Alex Carroll

What are the name of the months

8. eragon43

same as irl

9. Alex Carroll

Updated with new info and thank you to everyone responding

10. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team