Prototype Minigames!

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Nico, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

I know the spam is really getting out of hand now, but I think this will greatly improve then fun on the server! :D

The minigames would totally not be lore-related and just small fun things you can do when there are only a few people online. When I post suggestions I always come up with some suggestions, and I wont let you down this time! :p

1. Bow shooting in the apple orchard.
    Since bows aren't currenlty in game this would be the only place to get a bow. The would appear and disappear when you enter/leave the regio. For security you could disable bows for all other places in case there is a glitch :p
    But you'd just shoot at targets troughout the orchard, maybe with a friend in a competive mode?

2. Boat races.
    Somewhere at the beach you can do small boat races agains other players. That's all.

3.Hang gliding.
    Maybe somewhere at the top of a mountain is a hang gliding station where you can pick up a Elytra? And like, to prevent abuse you'd be TPed back to the top a few seconds after you land. And when you're flying / just landed you can't fight. <-- This totally wouldn't fit in the time the server is set in, but it'd be fun nonetheless :p

4. Temple run!
    There is a cave / dungeon where you are running trough while the ceiling is collapsing behind you! In competive mode 2 or more players all have to try to survive the longest =3
    Maybe make the speed increase over time? Or make the dungeons infinitly regeneratable.

I don't know whether you are looking into implementing such, but if you do I'm sure I can come up with way more ideas :p

EDOT: For rewards me and @org36 were thinking no rewards randomly appearing from nowhere, but maybe betting on who will win? And maybe a little rep increasement when you win? The rep is less important, though.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

I can tottaly agree with 1 and 2. But 3 and 4 seem out of place and complicated! :D
    But they are all cool ideas, indeed!

Nico likes this.
  3. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

I think 1 and 2 have some cool aspects to them.

For number 1, I think the idea of shooting thinks with bows (or just having bows in game) is a great idea. I suggested letting us shoot the cocoa beans from the palm trees with bows to get the seeds / beans a few months ago. I think the same could be done with apples, but since the trees are low, I think doing it with cocoa beans would be best.

As for number 2, I think the ideas of boats in-game would be great. I would love to have them as a faster traveling vehicle. I also think player-run or staff run boat races would be cool. I have been talking about doing some events, I may do one or two of these.

4. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

I have already decided to implement a few as events. Good to see we have the same interests! You will hopefully see most of them soon.

Nico likes this.
  5. 55blinging55

55blinging55 Citizen

There should be an event, (more for the crafters/hunters) where 2 teams of 3, of more teams (max 3 people per team) have to gather the items for a Companion, make it, (Ofc they need to know beforehand or they can't win) and then give it to the event holder, winning teams get rep, gold and keep the companion.

6. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

That doesn't seem like much of a fun event, as it is just one of the basics of the game. You can gather some friends and make a sword every day, I think the events should be more special.

7. org36

org36 Citizen Ambassador

So...an event is held by a staff member and unreleased crafting components are given to the players, they then have to craft a specified unreleased item and get to keep that item, while also learning the recipe for when the items come out. ;D

Zombie_Striker and Nico like this.
  8. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

These ideas were actually never meant to be events. Just small side things you can do when you're bored alone, or with a friend in a competive mode. :/
    But I guess events are better than nothing, so if that is the way the duck wobbles I'll wobble right behind it : D