Prototype Information Document -- Community resource for all testers!

Discussion in 'General' started by Xalveris, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Due do MF sadly shutting down, I have locked the document. It will still be available view-only so we can look back on what knowledge the playerbase put together.

So, a while back, at the beginning of Prototype 1, I created a document so I could keep track of any information about the game mechanics on the server for reference. I made the decision to open the document to the public, so other testers could add and edit information for the benefit of the community. This quickly ended up becoming the #1 community resource that we all looked to if we wanted to know something or refresh our memory. With the recent opening of Prototype 2, I think it deserves a much nicer and more thought out main post than the original thread.

General Information: This is a community resource document made by the prototype testers, for the prototype testers, so that we may share our knowledge with each other about the Prototype stages. My current goals for this document are:
    a) Provide an updated and reliable resource for any and all prototype testers to look to when they want to know something about the game mechanics currently present in the most recent Prototype stage.
    b) For the testers to use this knowledge to give improved feedback to the staff.
    c) To reduce, if not eliminate, the need for possibly repetitive questions in the game chat about the basic game mechanics such as gathering resources, crafting those resources into a product, and the uses of said product.
    I am not saying asking questions in the game chat is a bad thing; I simply want to make it so the more knowledgeable testers aren't annoyed by 10 different people asking how to craft a wooden pick. (Sorry if that offends anyone)​

Behavior I request of testers with access:
    1) Please keep the document updated and maintained with the most recent and/or accurate information.
    Of course, any secrets and stuff relating to events/competitions may be left out, otherwise it wouldn't really be a secret or a competition, right? After the event/competition ends, if it had any relevant information, I ask that it be added to the document.​
    2) ALWAYS LOG YOUR CHANGES IN THE CHANGELOG TAB!!!
    This is so everyone can see what everyone else has been contributing to our knowledge base. If you changed something and later see it changed back, check the changelog tab to see if someone else updated it with more recent information instead of just reverting it back to its older state. Items may have multiple recipes or ways of obtaining them, so keep that in mind as well.​
    3) If someone has questions about server gameplay, go ahead and answer their question, but please also direct them to this post so they may apply for access themselves. This is not a 100% necessity, as I know it is easier to just answer in game if you know off the top of your head. However, (refer to request #1).

Applying for access: Again, this is a community resource, so I try to keep this as open as possible so everyone may use it for everyone's benefit. Therefore, I kept the application process as simple as possible:
    1) Request access to the document via Google Drive (steps in spoiler below, not added yet)
    Will edit in ASAP
    2) Either post on this thread or message me that you requested access, along with the name/email you used so I know it is you who I am letting edit the document.
    This is so some random troll doesn't request access, get accepted, and mess with the document. That said, I do keep backups, and only I am allowed to add people and edit their access privileges.​
    3) I will check that it is indeed you, and that you have been granted Prototype Access. I will then grant you access to the document.

If you cannot request access by following the steps provided or figuring it out yourself, please message me your email and I will attempt to add you manually. However, I know little about other email service providers and so I may or may not be able to grant you access as intended. Regardless, I will see what I can do about it.

Finally, the document:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Saphiria and Nico like this.
  2. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

The second post may or may not be necessary, but I request that it be kept separate as it contains different information.

Milestones:
    :heart:Prototype 1 Complete
    :heart:Prototype 2 Opened
    :broken_heart:Prototype 2 Complete

:broken_heart:Official Release (Yeah, I know it's a long way off)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    :heart:1 Staff with access
    :heart:2 Staff with access
    :broken_heart:5 Staff with access

:heart:5 testers with access
    :heart:10 testers with access
    :broken_heart:20 testers with access

(Mod) Saphiria
    Savster
    (Mod) Alir99
    KingCorbo
    ZammyDog
    Euvrounin
    Nico
    Dieuraskel
    QuannTan
    (OWNER!)Tomas
    GiantLion11
    Org36
    (ADMIN) hastearms

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Saphiria and Nico like this.
  3. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

Just requested access! :innocent:

You've been a great help to testers, great to see you active again!

4. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Wow, I really like the new layout for the post! Just realized that I am at the top of the list. lol, thanks!

I would suggest no making exceptions, and requiring then to have access, the reason being that the approval process is our way of filtering out the trolls and the actual players.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  5. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

My replies are bolded.
    Also, thank you for locking the old thread. I thought of it last night after I had already gone to bed, but when I got back here it was already done. :)

6. Saphiria

Haha, I was joking about being first.

No problem! Just wanted to help.

The exception thing was just a suggestion, it is up to you.

7. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

After playing a bit, people seem to be ignoring this as apparently the wiki has all the recipes now. Is there any point in having this anymore?

8. Saphiria

Well, the wiki is an up-to-date more reliable source, but this contains more specifics such as coordinates for locations and is sometimes updated sooner than wiki.

9. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

The wiki does not contain the recipes, just the items uses.

10. org36

org36 Citizen Ambassador

ERROR: Minecraft Frontiers does not have coordinates anymore. #RIPDebugCoords

11. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Just start counting blocks :p

12. 55blinging55

55blinging55 Citizen

People should add more stuff to this, got nothing to add anyway :(

13. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Sorry. Kinda. :p

14. Xalveris

Xalveris Known Citizen

Due do MF sadly shutting down, I have locked the document. It will still be available view-only so we can look back on what knowledge the playerbase put together.

Mod please lock the thread, since this was directly relevant to the gameplay on the server it should be protected from pointless posts now.

15. Saphiria

Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.