Prototype Doctors, diseases and medicine!

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Nico, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

At this point I've spammed so much suggestion I don't even expect you to read them all but I still want to post it, so if people can see if they'd like to see it.

My idea is rather complicated and would require multiple mechanisms to be modified, but meh.

What I had in mind is that if you go without food for a long while, stay long in water or eat raw meat you can get sick :D

If you get hit with a sword with piercing damage it can give you a flesh wound, which needs to be healed with a bandage, or for a fee by a doctor or at the PAB.

When not treated the flesh wounds will keep blooding and you keep getting damage slowly over time. If one would not move, the bleeding would go slower.

A bandage gives instant health when applied, whether it is on a wound or not, however for applying it you need to stand totally still for like 20 seconds.

Making medicine would ofcourse involve crafting and alchemy, but I was thinking about an older suggestion of mine too. If you haven't read it yet, here it is:
    It is hard, complicated and would require super complex recipes. Perfect for making medicine since that would be pretty hard too.

Maybe doctors could make medkits that are only useable by doctors? That way they would be a really valuable asset to exploring parties.

EDIT: I forgot to tell what I had in mind about swords :/
    If you have a piercing sword, it will get bloody over time. (Maybe the damage of the sword could indicate the blood level, using that with the new 1.9 texture method you could make the sword actually look more bloody! :D)
    If you get a flesh wound from a bloody sword, there is also a chance you'll get an infection. Infections are complicated and hard to cure. If for example a wolf would get infected, it would drop rotten flesh instead if normal flesh :))

2. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Interesting idea. If this would ever be implemented, it would be far down the line.

As for the custom textures we already have plans for that. :)

3. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Now you made me curious D:

4. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

That is further down the line. We don't have any dates set yet.