Nico's bugs and suggestions :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nico, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Let's start with the bugs, since they are the most important =3

1. A food bug. If I hold right click to eat an item and once I finish eating the item but are still hungry so keep right click them to eat another one it doesn't eat it, just a lot of particles and sounds.

2. Another food bug. I don't know how this work since I haven't seen it before but apparently sometimes it looks like I'm nonstop eating, while I actually don't. People have complained about this that I was being annoying for my eating and I was like wut.
    Earlier I think @Alir99 saw it happening while I was AFK and thought I was somehow actually eating the food. So he kicked me so I wouldn't eat all my food. At the time I was actually AFK so I have no clue what happened but maybe he can give a more detailed explanation.

3. When I'm chopping wood and I dual-wield by doing the axe in one had and the logs in the other, it doesn't work. I don't know if this is intended, and if it is I'd like to suggest the feature to be able to dual-wield chop wood ^-^.

4. In the Metal Mixer when the Iron goes down in the shape the sand on the sides turns red (I think out of heat?). But on the right side not always.

5. I don't know whether this should be suggestion or a bug since I don't know if this is intended but here I go anyway:
    When I'm too tired to swing my sword but still click, it does take stamina but doesn't swing. How does it take stamina for not swinging? I know this is most likely normal but makes no sense :I

6. If you are holding a shield in your second hand, and eating using your first hand (or the other way around) everything is fine. But when you're done eating you have to release right click as soon as possible because else your shield will activate using up stamina for nothing :I

7. Idk how, but sometimes when I hold my shield in my second hand it creates a duplicate ghost item in my hotbar.

8. This is just something weird I've noticed. Sometimes when crafting and stuff it looks like you are re-applying the item in your hand. Like you took it and put it back in really quickly. This doesn't happen always and I don't know if it is crafting table specific.

9. Yesterday when I talked in global I did /chat to get back to local, however it didn't do anything. I spammed it a few times ofcourse (=3) but nothing. Chatting still worked (In global), but the commands not. A few seconds later I got like 10 "Your chat changed" messages. It's just kinda weird the commands didn't work but the chat did.

10. Roghar from the hunting shop says it is already trading. Last time Tomas managed to fix this, but now it seems to be a re-occuring issue.

So far all the bugs :D
    Now for the suggestions:

1. I've played on this other server where to talk in global you did like "!hey I'm talking in global" while your main chat channel stayed at local. This is really nice if you jsut want to say 1 message in global. Just being able to "/chat global <message>" would be great!

2. This is more directed at @Tomas since he knows what I'm talking about. In the region where we can't kill wolves they still spawn. I think you see my issue here; If they spawn we can't kill them there, so we are doomed.

3. This one is for you too @Tomas =3 This is for the character names instead of the minecraft usernames. You said there was this bug where you can't change the nametag. I've been thinking, using all of the grey mass stuck in my head and I think I have a solution that might be even better!
    I don't know how much you know about scoreboards in Bukkit, but there is an Enum with locations where you can put it. One of the locations is called BELOW_NAME. Using this you could make the character name show below the normal player name so the NPCs don't get all confused, and since we can still see the Minecraft username, the players neither :D

4. Just better death, join and leave messages. Mostly death messages. This plain old vanilla stuff is boring D:

5. From what I know of, there are 2 types of recipes. Shaped and Shapeless. Shaped means you have to put the correct items in the correct slots to make the item (What you are using mostly at the moment). Shapeless means you can put the items in any order, and any slot in the crafting grid and it works.
    I'd like to see you use a combination of these 2. Currently to get Simple sticks, you must put 2 split logs in the top 2 left slots. What I mean is thatas long as the shape stays the same, you can put it in any slot. Basically the same way normal Minecraft sticks are crafted.

6. A new crafting minigame! :D let me introduce you to: *pam pam pam* 3 Dimensional crafting!
    In 1.8 negative items were introduced, technically meaning you could create multiple layers in a crafting table.
    Like a -3 layer, -2 and -1. Ofcourse this would be hard, so maybe for something that should be hard to make, like jewelry?

6b. :D
    A command like /music to get the music URL again so you don't have to rejoin.

7. At last, I wan't to bring back my old thread about barbers. http://www.minecraftfrontiers.com/forums/threads/barbers-and-cloth-shops.484/. Since after doing some research and talking to one of the most amazing devs on SpigotMC (You guys excluded :p) I have found an easy way to actually do this. Remember how I said you could use minecraft accounts to change their skin and disguise the player as them? BOOM! https://github.com/InventivetalentDev/CustomSkullClient/ InvetiveTalent made an API that does just this, without any need of Minecraft accounts details from anyone. She originally made it for skulls, but I PMed her and she made this https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/customskins.25417/. The source for that one is also on GitHub and is pretty straight-forward. You could easily recreate that using the SkullClient API yourself.

This would open up a lot of new features!
    For example: I don't really want to change my skin for this server since I really like it D:
    BOOM! I upload my MF skin somewhere, and everytime I join it does it thing changing my skin to it :D It only takes a few seconds and this really opens a world of cosmetics! Barbers, cloth shops, maybe even makeup?
    I could also profide you some snippets to test this system since ofcourse I tried it myself before posting this time xD

EDIT: I forgot to say I know that last one is at the bottom of your to-do list, but I guess now I have more info I might as well update you with it :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Btw, I tried my best to keep the suggestions as short as possible, I know that didn't really work but if you'd like some more info on it just ask me :D

3. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Yeah you had a nonstop eating problem. You were afk for like 5-10 minutes and you kept on eating your food. In order for you not to lose your food, I kicked you.

4. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

I have a problem ._.
    Jk, but thanks anyway. I wasn't actually eating but it's nice to know you care about my bread <3

5. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

This was most likely meant so players can't spam the hit button; They now have to plan their attacks.

This is most likely an issue with setting the recipe in the crafting table. Since they have to override the original crafting recipes, they have to set the item that you get (I.e the "result") to be equal to their item, and not mc's.

This seems more like lag than anything else.

Although I agree, this is more of an ascetic issue than anything else.

[*]Although I agree with this, I also do not want this to be implemented. Making crafting harder forces other players to have to rely on others. Not everyone knows all the blacksmithing recipes, so they have to ask someone that does in order to get certain items. This means no player can be independent from the rest. Everyone would need to work together to get what they need.

These are just awesome. The scoreboard below the name would really be appreciated because I have to either memorize which names are linked to which players, or match their skin to what is in the player tab.

Although I do not know how the skin plugin will work (since players can just chair their skin if they truly need to/ most likely will not change their skin that often), if the MF team decompiles the code, they can create their own skins for all of the NPCs instead of (seemingly) relying on other player's actual skins.

6. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

That's not how Bukkit makes it looks like, but I have no clue how NMS it actually does.

If it is, it is most likely some serverside lag with the commands, which isn't really a good thing

Well, yeah, sure it's fun to find out recipes by practicing. But to have to try the same recipe 9 times to see if it maybe works in a different slot? I pass.

There is no need to decompile it! It's open source! :D
    And I already had NPCs in mind when suggestion this, but I believe it doesn't work perfect with Citizens (yet).
    Also, it's an API meant for importing. There is no compiled version :)

7. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

New bug: Boats can break lilly pads. I know they aren't fully implemented yet, but please don't remove them D:

8. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

New suggestion: Fireworks! :)
    -Just a normal firework thiny that shoots up in the ait and does poof. Can be used to show you location.
    -Some kind of small explosive you can throw on the ground and then makes a boom sound which scares away some mobs.
    -Maybe some kind of smoke bomb?
    -A normal bomb that damages entities near it.

9. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

I talked to Tom, and apparently boats aren't even supposed to be in game :p

But seriously, thank you for your reports. We will fix things ASAP and take closer looks at your suggestions!

10. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Tomas told me that earlier, kinda sad since I love boats D:

Always ready :D

11. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

We already have some fixed done and on the way. Thanks for the report.

12. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

I love how fast that goes. You make it sound like it's nothing. :p

13. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

New bug that is super annoying: When ones types ": D" on the forums without the space it should be the coolest of emojis, however it translates to ": I". This is annoying because now when I want people to know I'm happy they think I'm all like hfmp.

14. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

New bug: The bushes on the Main Square drop apples. They also respawn when you break them so that isn't a big issue, I just can't say for sure whether this is intended or not.

15. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

:D = big grin and happy eyes, that's the innate site emoji for a big smiley!

16. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

It should be :grinning:. Please ;n; make ;n; it ;n; :grinning: ;n;

17. tcvs

Hopefully, tonights feature will be even better than the scoreboard suggestion. Hint Hint

:D

18. tcvs

I will take a look at this tomorrow possibly.

19. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Honestly I think the scoreboard is better than just replacing the nametag, if that is what you were aiming for :p

yesh! :D

20. tcvs

Our aim is to completely remove default MC usernames. Should help with staying in character.