Prototype 2 review

Discussion in 'General' started by Alir99, Jul 10, 2016.

?

How was the release?

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Very Good

25.0%
  3. Good

25.0%
  4. Average

50.0%
  5. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Very Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Hello everyone,
    As you know, Prototype 2 was released a few hours ago. I would like to know how everyone felt regarding it. Did it live up to your expectations or do you think we let you down? Feel free to write your criticisms below.

image.jpeg

hastearms and MisterErwin like this.
  2. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

To be honest I expected an explosion of capitalism, however when I came online (a few hours after the launch :I) everyone was being a big community already! Helping eachother, sharing and just being a great team in general. It's great to see this type of community start so early and I can't wait to see what happens to it over time.

3. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

It was a good start, but some of the bugs changed the feel of the initial release. As a developer, I know that bug tracking and the like are hard. The thing is though, having issues with seemingly basic or essential problems (I.e the water issue for cooking, not having any way to get any type of food) is something that should be fixed before the release.

Also, since the wiki was not up to date and has missing entries, it was hard to understand some of the recipes. Considering this is a game where you need to rely on the wiki for most crafting, this was a problem.

Besides that, I had fun. It was great how everyone was able to work together, even though no one had any currency at the time.

4. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

This was a major problem for a person like myself, whose entire playthrough is dependent on crafting. I tried for twenty minutes to make a "Training Sword" and got so frustrated I took a break.

5. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

Thank you for your feedback! The Prototype period is fundamentally a testing period, and is essential to working out all these bugs and kinks before we fully release. We are constantly working on fixing bugs, and the update notes page on the wiki will show what we've resolved so far. As far as those basic issues go, sorry about that! We're working on clarifying the hunger and food system to make it easier for players to transition smoothly into crafting and eating food and surviving the rigors of Genesis, and hopefully should have a fix/change in the next few days.

This was a big oversight from us, and Tomas is already planning to update the wiki tomorrow. Tomorrow's wiki changes most likely will include the addition of armor piece pages as well.

And that's what we're all about! The server is here to be a fun role-play environment with all facets of life, in a diverse and ever changing ecosystem.

Please continue to send us bug reports. We'll work on them as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your help, and enjoy!

Alir99 likes this.
  6. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

I don't think this is the right place for this but making a new thread for just this seems so useless.
    When I clicked words like "stamina", "opened" and "buckets" (I'm unsure about the last one) it opened it as an URL for some reason.

7. Alir99

@tcvs

8. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

The wiki has been significantly updated.

9. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

Yes, I realized this yesterday. It is in our issue tracker. A fix for this will probably not be made anytime soon as we are focusing on the more critical systems/issues. However, thanks for letting us know!

10. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

Yeah, that makes sense.
    And who would be clicking random words in the chat anyway? *caugh* :sweat:

I've seen! It all got way easier now we can see the crafting ingredients! Also I am totally amazed by how fast you all added like 200 recipes in about a day o-o

11. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

There is a plugin that pre-formats everything for me, based on recipes and items.
    So it only takes a minute or two per item.

12. Nico

Nico Known Citizen

However I kinda expected that already, you still ruined your own moment :p

Tomas likes this.
  13. Banditofdoom

Banditofdoom Verified Traveler

To be honest, the lack of many of the current features advertised was a bit underwhelming and let me down a little bit. Though I understand that this is a prorotype and we are mainly here to make the game better. One of my major criticisms is the lack of need for a proper chef/farmer. People seem to never need me and when they do they expect it for nickels and dimes, meanwhile other jobs like blacksmiths spit tools out and make thousands. It's a pain for me to make a single slice of bread and when I try to make a living off it I get dubbed as crazy and greedy. I'd personally like to see an increase in need for Chefs and Farmers so that i'm not left behind in the massive boom of capitalism and have to be forced to get a job elsewhere such as in the mines or blacksmithing.

14. Zombie_Striker

Zombie_Striker Citizen

Hate to say it, but I have. Apples are so abundant, I only have to wait a two minutes before getting an entire stack, where that stack allows me to run to-and-from Elpida and the Mining Village twice.

Since it seems like mushrooms have not been implemented yet, it seems as though he cannot sell anything. The only food related items that can be exported are Applie Pies and Apple Bread, both of which require mushrooms.

If I could make a suggestion here, in order to balance the baker/cook discipline, try making apples less abundant or harder to get. This would mean that not all players can run through a field and get tons of apples. You can also try adding small "buffs" to special food items, to make it worth while to create marinated wolf steak instead of just the basic wolf steak (for example).

15. Alir99

I think that is being discussed. Although you can technically survive on apples, it is a hassle as you need to have a lot of apples, which take up valuable inventory space. They also hardly replenish your hunger, meaning that you will need a lot of apples to replenish a certain amount of hunger, compared to a less number for pies(for example).

16. tcvs

tcvs Administrator Administrator Developer

I totally get what you are getting at. We are already in the process of improving the apple balance. This change will come into affect hopefully tonight.