Approved Scassany's Character Bio

Discussion in 'Character Bios' started by Scassany, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Scassany

Scassany Verified Traveler

Scassany's Character Bio

[​IMG]

Full Name: Scassany Quatremaine (Definitely didn't use a name generator for the last name :p)
    Nickname(s): Scassie, Scass, Sam
    Date of birth: 1/10/2386S (Jan, 10)
    Place of birth: Mainland
    Current residence: A small house in the middle of a small sized town.
    Job: Hunter
    Interests and hobbies: Hunting, Stealthiness, Reading
    Religious Belief: Marventa
    Signature Item (s):
    Hoela, Her first bow that she used to hunt a wild animal.

[​IMG]
    Background

On the mainland, Scassany was an amateur hunter aspiring to be great one day. Every Friday she would go out and head to the nearest wilderness with her trusty bow, Hoela, and hunt with her father. During these hunting trips, Scassany learnt all she could from her father, competed in all the archery competitions in her region, and became the assistant to her fathers meat company. Her fathers meat company mainly prepared meat that people brought to them, but with Scassany's hunting, began to sell their own meat as well.

As time went on, Scassany became gradually better and became locally known as the best hunter in her town. Scassany's home life was rather dull, her father was her parent that she looked most to, and was generally considered tomboyish to her peers.

One hunting trip, a terrible accident happened! While Scass and her father were trekking along in the forest, an arrow, shot from another band of hunters who blindly shot at some moving brush, unexpectedly hit her fathers knee, crippling him for the rest of his life. Scass now finds herself alone hunting now, and without another person, she learns to appreciate the quietness and possible stealthiness the forest can provide.

After hearing about Elpida's pristine wilderness and untamed wildlife, Scass knew she had to go. The thrill of hunting in unknown territory was crying out to her! She began to save up her share of the profit from selling her hunted meats. After finding and training an assistant for her father to replace her job, she purchased the journey to Elpida!

--
    Note:
    This is my first time writing something like this, writing isn't my strongest suit :p
    I'm uploading an avatar right now if I can figure out how to do it, xenforo doesn't seem to like me uploading things. (Edit: Apparently an avatar uploaded. huh.)
    Also, out of all the places for the father to get hit by an arrow to, I think the knee is the best place considering he is no longer adventuring the forests :p

Edit: Added some information about the hunting accident, learning to hunt, and her fathers meat company.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

Reading through all of the Bio's I haven't seen one that was strictly only a Hunter! :D

Hopefully it gets approved! Good luck! :)

Nico likes this.
  3. Scassany

Thanks!

4. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

Yes, I don't think I've seen anyone who's been a hunter, either. Some assassins, but no hunters. Also, you may want to make your background story a bit beefier. We'll have to wait for a staff member to give their opinions, but as of now I think it's a bit short.

Maybe explain your father's accident in context? Who shot the arrow, etc? Or talk about learning how to hunt? Just some ideas. Your writing style and grammar are fine, but we might want to see an official opinion soon.

5. Scassany

You're right, I tend to make things shorter than needed sometimes, added some information! Thanks!

6. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

So first and foremost hello and welcome to Frontiers!

I really like your character's story. A bit of a variation from some of the other bios, which is nice. If you wouldn't mind, can you add a little bit more about the trip to Elpida, as I'm a bit confused as to what happens to her father. Does she just leave him and move to Elpida?

Thanks.

7. Scassany

Added a bit about her training a replacement. Hopefully its good now :)

8. Alir99

My point was is her father ok with her just leaving him? However this is just my curiosity, nothing's wrong with your work.

9. Scassany

It was more that she's old enough to make her own decisions, and her father respected that. He knows that moving to Elpida is her dream place to be, and wants her to live that dream.

10. Alir99

Awesome.
    Thanks for the cooperation.
    Message @tcvs to get your badge and prototype access.
    Best of luck!

11. Scassany

Thanks!

12. Alir99

No problem.