Unofficial Lore Cult of the Forsaken Mother

Discussion in 'Custom Lore' started by QuannTan, Jun 8, 2016.

1. QuannTan

QuannTan Retired Staff Retired Staff

Came to me middle of the night, I was gonna use it for a Campaign but it never fit in anywhere. So I figured hey, If someone else could use this, so be it. Noted, I did make a "Few" changes so that it'd fit in with the already written lore of Elpida. Anyhow, hopefully someone else can use this, or at least get a good read out of it even though it is one of my more shorter ones!
    :laughing:

[UNOFFICIAL LORE]
    Lore wise - False Prophet

Cult Background:

In the beginning:
    This text has been Re-formatted into a more appreciatable form! Thanks to @GiantLion11 !

After the lifting of the travel ban in 2402, she enjoyed venturing out into the island. Mahadrah was her name, and she was generally unknown, as were most of the citizens in Elpida. She was of no importance, a simple mapper who sold her cartographs to help with expansion efforts. She of average prowess, but her curiosity was her bane.

One day, in the late Autumn of 2403, Mahadrah had heard of the recently discovered Halls of Death. These cursed halls were fabled to have led to the perishing of entire expeditions. She wondered about those halls, and her time came to know the truth one day when she stumbled upon them herself. There was a reason no one but the top clergy knew of the halls' location, but if Mahadrah knew this, she either did not care or was prepared to face the consequences.

Here she stood. The huge stone doors stood in front of her with glassy obsidian decorating the handles and edges. Mahadrah pushed, and the doors slid open as easily as if they had just been installed. she peered into the inky blackness lighting a torch as she did so. She walked 10 meters into the large temple and the door silently slid shut. As her eyes adjusted, she saw the room adorned with statues and shrines for the gods. Mahadrah took a step back, awestruck, and realized there was no more natural light coming into the temple. She realized the door was closed, and to her further horror it wasn't even there. Another lifeless statue sat where the exit was supposed to be.

Looking back into the room, Mahadrah saw a pool of oil had materialized where there once was empty floor. She placed her torch into the oil, and the entire room lot brightly up. The room wasn't a room, it was a long hallway, stretching the length of an entire street in Elpida. Mahadrah screamed. At the end of the hallway, a huge sphere, rotating. In the center of the sphere, a shining pupil, that shot a beam of light into her eyes. In an instant vast amounts of information poured into her mind and spells and enchantments were cast and bound into her bloodline. (Lion said he will finish with his later, for now I will edit mine in as a place holder! But all credit for the above paragraphs goes to @GiantLion11 ! :) )

After obsorbing the vast amounts of knowledge, Mahadrah fell into a dream-like state. Resting in the Halls of Death for quite sometime before eventually being found by a lone adventurer who was also wandering through the Halls. He awoke her to see that her eyes were a bright yellow, she murmered about how she has seen the world and how the world has seen her. Then she got up, and slowly made her way out of the Halls, monsters and animals of the like completley ignoring her, and as she walked back to Elpida Mahadra came to the quick realization that she was a god, and she needed to tell other citizens about her findings.

Rough Patch:
    After arriving in Elpida Mahadra tried to tell the people what had happend, though when she did she was labeled a heretic to the "True" gods of the lands. She was sentenced to death by beheading early in the year of 2404S; But she escaped with the help of her disciples, although losing many in the process of the breakout.
    However, only being able to escape so far into the island. Mother Mahadrah was eventually recaptured, and field executed by a priest of Legaros with a dagger made of pure gold.

Current Times:
    Though only a few remain, there are still followers to the Mother. Believing that she was wrongfully executed, believing that if they make sacrifices in her name she will be brung back to the world of the living. Allowing her to wreak the vengence that is required onto those who wronged her.

Cult Member Appearence: Everyday clothes when not worshipping; Torn Red hooded cloaks when worshipping or in cult activities.
    (Known) Cult Activities: Kidnapping, Home Theft, Sacrificing, Crucifixition.
    (Known) Hideouts: None
    Cult Weapons: Golden Daggers, Shortswords, and Crossbows.
    Faction Affiliations: None.
    Temple Affiliations: Disowned and Hated by all other Religions.
    Core Beliefs:"Vengence for the Mother," "Bring upon the reckoning of the infadels; For the mother."
    Titles Given To Members: [LR*] (S) Sons and Daughters, or (PL) Children, [HR**] (S) Mothers and Fathers, or (PL) Parents

*Low Rank
    **High Rank

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Nico likes this.
  2. llyrios

llyrios Retired Staff Retired Staff

Nice, I like it!

3. QuannTan

Thanks! :D

Nico likes this.
  4. GiantLion11

GiantLion11 Citizen

Hey, @QuannTan if you don't mind, could I expand on this with some of my own lore? I'll take some of this and run with it, while adding my own if you don't mind (and, obviously, I'll credit you).

5. QuannTan

No, Please go ahead! I put it on here for ya'll to use!! :D

Nico likes this.
  6. Tomas

Tomas Owner Owner Administrator

Very interesting! :D

7. QuannTan

Thank you! :)

I love seeing people read my stuff!! Makes me feel like i've actually done something! :D

Nico likes this.
  8. QuannTan

Edited so that @GiantLion11's part is now in the same post! Hopefully this is what @Alir99 meant! :D

Nico likes this.
  9. Alir99

Alir99 The Guy Who Does Stuff Moderator Community Team

Yeah. I just thought if you're both okay with it, make it into one post so when viewing, it will be easier to understand.

10. QuannTan

Got another idea for a cult:

"Circtus O'Sacrificium"
    Circuses have always harbored dark secrets, whether by eating their dead animals or kidnapping freaks of nature. But in reality they only do it to please their great (false) God, "BoBo" The great sky jokester!

:laughing:

Nico likes this.