[Guide] Installing Resource Pack + Optifine

Discussion in 'General' started by Saphiria, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Saphiria

Saphiria Retired Staff Retired Staff

Hello,
    In this guide I will be giving you step by step instructions on how to install Optifine and the Conquest Resource Pack. While Optifine isn't required, it is highly suggested. If you don't have Optifine, many of the textures will look pretty bad.

• Go to the Optifine website
    • Go to the downloads page Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.49.33 AM.png
    • Them download the latest version available, and if possible, get HD Ultra. Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.49.41 AM.png
    • Wait till it says "Skip Ad" Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.50.08 AM.png
    • Download the file once you click "Skip Ad" Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.50.17 AM.png
    • Open the .jar file that you download
    • Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.50.52 AM.png
    • Click install once that window pops up Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.51.14 AM.png
    • When it finishes installing, click "OK" Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.51.24 AM.png
    • Once you have Optifine installed, open up your Minecraft launcher Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 12.01.51 PM.png
    • Click "New Profile"
    • Then you need to name your new profile, select the version to be Optifine, and click "Save Profile" Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 12.07.51 PM.png
    • Lastly, you need to download the conquest resource pack (http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/conquest-32x32/)
    • Then you need to play the game with the new profile selected, and go to "Options > Resource Packs > Open Resource Pack Folder > Drag the downloaded file in > click done > activate the file"
    • Enjoy! Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 12.16.51 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. hastearms

hastearms Disciple of the Krispy Kreme Donut Gods Moderator Wiki

This process was incredibly descriptive and helpful. I just downloaded the pack and OptiFine for myself - thanks a lot Saphiria!

Saphiria likes this.
  3. Saphiria

No problem! I am glad that the time I spent at least helped one person... Sorry about the last few not having pictures, I was only given 10 photos per post.

4. hastearms

Hey, I'm running into some difficulties. Whenever I spawn into any server, all the blocks show up as black. Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: I'm also running into considerable lag. How can I toy with my settings to reduce it?

5. Saphiria

Hmm... All black? What version of Optifine and what version of Conquest are you using? (By version, I mean the software version, and the version of minecraft its for). Also, to reduce lag I suggest you make the settings set to fast instead of fancy.

6. jamestiger

jamestiger Known Citizen

Holy...
    my eyes have been blessed. o.o
    Also the leaves are sorta glitchy, sort of like there's a green cross through them, which setting do I change to remove that?
    Edit: Found it, just had to change the Tree setting in details to Fancy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. hastearms

I used the versions you linked @Saphiria. I've narrowed it down to just Conquest causing the lag and playing on normal minecraft textures with optifine has no issues for me. Dunno what the deal is :(

8. Saphiria

Are you by any chance still getting this? I think it is fixed now, because I just got that problem on an older version of Conquest.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  9. hastearms

I just gave up on Conquest totally lol, just got too frustrated w/ it

10. Saphiria

You should try it one more time.